Getting signal strength of 0's on 3 lnb slimline swm dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avinstall

Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
USA
Hopefully someone can help me out. I have hooked up a new 3 lnb slimline swm dish and pointed to 206 azimuth, tilt of 72, and elevation of 42 and I have a cable running straight from dish to Power Inserter then into the receiver. When I do signal strength it shows all zeros and tuner 1 not acquired. Thanks.

Hopefully someone can help me out. I have hooked up a new 3 lnb slimline swm dish and pointed to 206 azimuth, tilt of 72, and elevation of 42 and I have a cable running straight from dish to Power Inserter then into the receiver. When I do signal strength it shows all zeros and tuner 1 not acquired. Thanks.

The numbers you posted should be used as a starting point.

Make absolutely sure that your MAST is PLUMB, if it's not, you'll be MILES off and never get the other Sats once you do find the 101.

Btw, you are starting by trying to locate the 101, right ?

Is the receiver set up to read SWM? Being in Indiana I would out the elevation on about 40 to 41. Is the mast level and plumb? If these are both answered with yes then just keep going! It'll take a minute to adjust it with the way you're doing it but it's not impossible! I would recommend starting due south and slowly heading west. That's the best I can help, hopefully it helps!

Yes, I'm starting with trying to get Sat 101 first and first thing I did was make sure the mast was plumb. I currently have the following setup Dish to Power Inserter out to H24 box. Is the best screen to use for the signal meter is the green bar screen correct? Thanks

avinstall said:
Yes, I'm starting with trying to get Sat 101 first and first thing I did was make sure the mast was plumb. I currently have the following setup Dish to Power Inserter out to H24 box. Is the best screen to use for the signal meter is the green bar screen correct? Thanks

Without a meter, yes, the signal meter screen is the best bet. I would get another person to watch the screen while your at the dish tuning.

My meter went dead during my last install one day and I got the customer on the phone watching the tv for me while I was tuning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)