Getting the 1000.2 to recognize 61.5 thru a 500

The Dish 500 for some reason was correct when it was on the SD 110/119 pair but when I went to use the extra non used 500 for the 61.5 bird that's when the elevation was incorrect,can the KU signals have a bounce effect from say nearby buildings,landscaping,roads,etc.?
A Dish 500 is a dish that skews and is designed to pick up two satellites (usually 110/119) with one dish. The alt/az. given is actually a point in the sky somewhere between the actual height of either satellite.

To get the correct alt. number (not some artificial "mid point") from your dish pointing screen, change the box from a "Dish 500" to a "Dish 300".
That will get you the true height of the 61.5 satellite in your area.

Remember to set Skew to "zero". (i.e....NO skew...puppy sitting straight up)

A Dish 500 is a dish that skews and is designed to pick up two satellites (usually 110/119) with one dish. The alt/az. given is actually a point in the sky somewhere between the actual height of either satellite.

To get the correct alt. number (not some artificial "mid point") from your dish pointing screen, change the box from a "Dish 500" to a "Dish 300".
That will get you the true height of the 61.5 satellite in your area.

Remember to set Skew to "zero". (i.e....NO skew...puppy sitting straight up)
The elevation of 36 sure didn't apply to our location although all sources says so:D

True for us is a tad over 40 :up

I'm so glad I chose to go thru the trouble of getting 61.5 installed,the HD's didn't even have a hiccup thru the heavy thunderstorms we had this morning,if the 129 lnb was online I'd surely wouldn't be receiving anything.

Just for S&G my son and I tweaked the skew some which actually benefited a little more signal.

Last edited:
I'm so glad I chose to go thru the trouble of getting 61.5 installed,the HD's didn't even have a hiccup thru the heavy thunderstorms we had this morning,if the 129 lnb was online I'd surely wouldn't be receiving anything.

Just for S&G my son and I tweaked the skew some which actually benefited a little more signal.

Was the "tweak" setting the skew to Zero? (where it should have been to begin with) Otherwise, there is no skew setting you should be messing with.

One bird = NO skew ;)

Was the "tweak" setting the skew to Zero? (where it should have been to begin with) Otherwise, there is no skew setting you should be messing with.

One bird = NO skew ;)

It was dialed to 90 but being the born tinkering experimenting person, I couldn't help myself but see what I could get out of it on skew.

Right now it's at 95 with flucuations upwards from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)