Getting the lowest price!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gordonkearse

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Fairfax, SC
I've been an avid e-bay shopper for about 15 years. But I hate to bid. And I have found out how to do it. I wanted to pass it on. I know its not rocket science. The previous thread spoke of how high prices have gotten for everything. And it put down Radio Shack, in particular.

I have bought stuff at Radio Shack recently. And even going out of business, their prices were still pretty steep!

I live in a very rural area. There are five or six cities within a 60-mile radius of me. But usually I can't find what I want there either -- unless I phone first.

Go to the "buy it now" section for the item on e-bay. Bring up the lowest price first, including shipping. It will list in order (from lowest to highest) the item advertised. Then purchase that item from one of the low bidders. Your purchase is guaranteed through Pay Pal. I am not endorsing e-bay. If you can do something similarly using Craig's list or someone, go for it.

This is particularly useful for popular items because there are usually many thousands of listings on e-bay. You will probably end up getting the item for almost nothing!

I have bought phone batteries for a dollar, including shipping. I paid nine dollars for three HDMI cables six feet long, including shipping. It is phenomenal how cheap you can get electrical items. Some items ship from Hong Kong or China. If you're in a hurry, you probably won't want to take advantage of these types of offers.

I have told people about this. The only problem most have is giving their credit card information once over the internet. I don't intend to be pushing e-bay. Instead, I'm encouraging private enterprise. You can't beat free trade -- as long as it is safe.

I bought a pair of suspenders from a local clothing store. They were $22. I bought four pair on e-bay for $34, including shipping. The only difference is the e-bay items had no packaging. But they were still new. You don't wear the package.

I quit trying to beat myself to death bidding against other idiots. Most of them end up paying more than the lowest "buy it now" price anyway. In fact, I've seen some people pay twice what something was even worth. They must have more money than sense.

...The only problem most have is giving their credit card information once over the internet. ...

Yes it is kind of scary! :eek:

Paypal is supposed to be a secure website and the people you buy from on Ebay (plus other businesses that accept Paypal too) do not have access to your credit card numbers just Paypal has it. But when you get down to it, if you have a credit card, you already are in cyber space!!! ;)

My brother uses his credit cards online quite often plus he has a Paypal account. He had his numbers stolen a couple of times... BUT... that was do to someone hacking the banks computer system that issued his cards! :eek: :eek:

I, too, am a firm believer in Ebay and bought many items at great prices! I had bought FTA items through Ebay.
If I ran into any problems, Ebay help me through it.

I NEVER do anything other than Buy-It-Now anymore, unless I happen to see an auction that's ending in about a minute that's still at a ludicrously low price.

Besides, with Buy-It-Now, you can use Bing Cashback, at least sometimes.

it's always fun to buy radio shack adapters/connectors at half or more of their radioshack price from ebay! ;) I don't know how it's done unless someone acquired closeout inventory of a radio shack a decade ago and is putting it up on ebay as BIN's. The vintage of the RadioShack stickers leads me to my theory unless it was someone who bought adapters way back when at normal price, hasn't used them, and is getting rid of them now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts