Getting the new Eastern Arc dish, help me get ABC please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snook2448

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2005
I live in Bluefield Va zip code is 24605 ok with all American direct i can get ABC how ever its not on any of the sat locations that the Eastern Arc dish picks up and i cant have to sat dish's anyone got any information that can help me out let me know thanks.

I live in Bluefield Va zip code is 24605 ok with all American direct i can get ABC how ever its not on any of the sat locations that the Eastern Arc dish picks up and i cant have to sat dish's anyone got any information that can help me out let me know thanks.

Snook,

I live in the same zip.

WOAY & Dish Network have not worked out their disagreements about compensation yet (at least that's what I hear from someone who knows someone who works at the station).

So, there is no ABC (yet) for the Bluefield/Beckley DMA.

I think that they will keep negotiating.

If you want to, write to Rick Boucher, as he is on the congressional committee that oversees satellite/cable/tv/telecommunications, etc.

so we really have no way to get ABC because of the new dish not getting the 119 location where the ABC that allamericandirect has comes from. I member back in the day with the distant hd feeds of ABC come from 61.5 they should have never done away with that channel

Dish has not been able to give distant networks for several years now. Also, if you cannot get a local network channel due to a contract dispute, AAD will probably not be able to supply one to you even if you had a dish looking at the sat they supply the channels on. You can either try to get your locals via OTA, try to get your local channel to end the dispute or "move" to an address that can get you their local channels.

If you have an eastern arc dish you can add a 2nd dish for 119 for AAD
The EA dish has an input spot on the LNB

Some markets until recently required 2 dishes for locals because the HD locals (just the BIg4) were on EA but the SD channels were still on 110. Buffalo, NY was an example

I worked with dish for 3 years so i know how everything works, i was just wondering if there was something new in the short time that the eastern dish was out. I knew i could have a 2nd dish but thats more then what i wanna get into right now. We have locals in this area now just no ABC. And i can get abc from all american because i have had it for 2 years now. But it comes from 119. Guess if i wanna cont. getting it i will have to do a 2 dish setup.

If you have an eastern arc dish you can add a 2nd dish for 119 for AAD
The EA dish has an input spot on the LNB

Some markets until recently required 2 dishes for locals because the HD locals (just the BIg4) were on EA but the SD channels were still on 110. Buffalo, NY was an example

My SD ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox are still on 110. I don't have 110 anymore as of last Friday(Upgraded to EA Dish).

just put my EA dish up now time for a check swtich also i was wondering can i used my dish 1000.2 that i already had and just use the 110 port on it and run it into the in on the 1000.4 lnb and get 110 without any troubles

correct me if im wrong but is WOAY-ABC is already uplinked for bluefield/oak hill and will be on channel 5290 one of these days as soon as an agreement comes..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)