Ghetto Satellite Rigs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just wanted to watch "Pirate TV" for a bit :D

The more I think about Pirate TV the more it irks me! If a real newbie into FTA sees this just because he is scanning anything and everything like I was when I first got my equipment, good ole Charlie might trick him into thinking he is doing something illegal.

I wonder if he is just against any kind of satellite that isn't Dish, or if it is just an oversight on the part of the programming department?

The more I think about Pirate TV the more it irks me! If a real newbie into FTA sees this just because he is scanning anything and everything like I was when I first got my equipment, good ole Charlie might trick him into thinking he is doing something illegal.
don't let it get to ya.

I wonder if he is just against any kind of satellite that isn't Dish, or if it is just an oversight on the part of the programming department?

they probably forgot to scramble it. The original version was scrambled and this one should be too.

But on the contrary, the folks who have DBS LNB's set up and see it more often than not fall into 2 categories
1. they know better (they visit satguys or other legal forums) and know its not for them...well they can get a good laugh
2. they truly are stealing

I just watched that for the first time on YouTube. It was pretty amusing. And a bit uncomfortable. The music made me think that the guy could strip down at any moment.

don't let it get to ya.

they probably forgot to scramble it. The original version was scrambled and this one should be too.

But on the contrary, the folks who have DBS LNB's set up and see it more often than not fall into 2 categories
1. they know better (they visit satguys or other legal forums) and know its not for them...well they can get a good laugh

Yes, you are right about that. I'm sure it's true that most people that get into true FTA don't have circular LNB's. I started out with a universal then went to a Standard, then to what I currently have.

I motored my dish over to 110 the other day just to get a look at Pirate TV. It definitely was amusing, but it also reminded me of how horrible SD dish looks...guess I've been spoiled by the 4dtv.

don't let it get to ya.

Since they are in the middle of "securing" their signal I think this was more intentional. I think E* want the eye-patch gang to be able to see PirateTV even though the other channels are "going dark"

Now, yes I do believe they need to encrypt it and just leave it scrambled in N2. It would be best as the last N2 up on the E* birds. A big ole "Nah nahnah nah nya!" as everything else is gone. :dev

Montana PBS Saturday nights

10:00 PM Central
2 shows

Iceman,

Thank you for the note on the Red Green Show!

I see why I missed it now. Half of my Saturday nights were spent at work and the other half, well... I wasn't watching TV, that's for sure.

Now I don't work any Saturdays, so I should be able to catch it every week, for a while anyway.

I will have to remember to dial the dish over to 125W this Saturday.

Radar

Since they are in the middle of "securing" their signal I think this was more intentional. I think E* want the eye-patch gang to be able to see PirateTV even though the other channels are "going dark"

Now, yes I do believe they need to encrypt it and just leave it scrambled in N2. It would be best as the last N2 up on the E* birds. A big ole "Nah nahnah nah nya!" as everything else is gone. :dev

According to Iceberg, it always was scrambled, and coded in such a way that nobody was able to receive it unless they had hackware on some box or if there is a way to hack Dish's own boxes and cards, though I don't know much about that, if it is even possible like it was with DTV at one time.

I wonder, since it is ITC, if any legitimate subs are seeing it by mistake just like we are........that would be interesting!

the original Pirate TV (when they switched from Nagra 1 to 2) was in Nagra 1 encryption so it showed up on hacker boxes.

But it being ITC shows on anyones box that scans it in

Status
Please reply by conversation.