"Ghost" VOD listings won't delete (Hopper 3)

tedb3rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Rome, Georgia, United States
I was doing some recording cleanup (purging recordings that the kids had watched but didn't delete) and got into an issue where I deleted all the "Family Guy" On-Demand recordings. I thought I had removed them all but the icon is still there under DVR > On Demand (Free & Rented).

If I navigate to the icon and click either SELECT or INFO, the next page appears for a split second, then goes blank. Then a message appears in the corner for a second "Please wait Refresh in progress" and then it returns to the live view of the channel I was on before I entered the DVR Menus.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any solutions or ideas? REALLY don't want to do a factory reset to get this cleared up.

Here's a YT clip I made of what I see:

On Demand has been a dumpster fire on my H2 for a long time. I haven't had the problem you describe, but last night I had some events that were still supposed to be available for a week claim that they were expired when I clicked on them. Also, when I search I get some items in the same series that show as free and some that show as non-free, but some of the ones that aren't marked as free can still be watched. Lastly, there was one series where the listings made no distinction between an episode and its after-show, down to the point that selecting one of them would return one of the two at random, not even the same thing each time!

I was doing some recording cleanup (purging recordings that the kids had watched but didn't delete) and got into an issue where I deleted all the "Family Guy" On-Demand recordings. I thought I had removed them all but the icon is still there under DVR > On Demand (Free & Rented).

If I navigate to the icon and click either SELECT or INFO, the next page appears for a split second, then goes blank. Then a message appears in the corner for a second "Please wait Refresh in progress" and then it returns to the live view of the channel I was on before I entered the DVR Menus.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any solutions or ideas? REALLY don't want to do a factory reset to get this cleared up.

Here's a YT clip I made of what I see:

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have. We'll be sure to pass this along to the technical operations team to make sure it's nothing else creeping up.

Does resetting the receiver help remove the Icon?

Are you able to press Options on the Video On Demand Rental screen to delete the show?

This is certainly not the experience we want you to have. We'll be sure to pass this along to the technical operations team to make sure it's nothing else creeping up.

Does resetting the receiver help remove the Icon?

Are you able to press Options on the Video On Demand Rental screen to delete the show?
Thanks for the feedback. I've tried a reboot and that didn't help. I can select the "Info" button when the Family Guy folder/icon is highlighted but that does the same thing as seen in the video clip when I press the Select button.

When I select the On-demand folder the "Option" (Red Button) is not available.

Just to try something else, I attempted to delete all other on-demand downloads. When I finished that process I now realize there seems to be 6 Family Guy recordings because the On-Demand folder has a "6" in the corner and within that folder the only item remaining is the corrupted Family Guy folder.

If your team wants to try to potentially replicate the issue, see what happens if you attempt to delete a recording from the hopper if the same recording is being played from a joey... and/or same scenario from the same on-demand folder. I can't confirm that is what happened for me, but just a thought.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks for the feedback. I've tried a reboot and that didn't help. I can select the "Info" button when the Family Guy folder/icon is highlighted but that does the same thing as seen in the video clip when I press the Select button.

When I select the On-demand folder the "Option" (Red Button) is not available.

Just to try something else, I attempted to delete all other on-demand downloads. When I finished that process I now realize there seems to be 6 Family Guy recordings because the On-Demand folder has a "6" in the corner and within that folder the only item remaining is the corrupted Family Guy folder.

If your team wants to try to potentially replicate the issue, see what happens if you attempt to delete a recording from the hopper if the same recording is being played from a joey... and/or same scenario from the same on-demand folder. I can't confirm that is what happened for me, but just a thought.
That is super odd. When they were deleted did you press Recall on the whole folder, or individually -- and what happens if you press Recall on that folder as it is now?

That is super odd. When they were deleted did you press Recall on the whole folder, or individually -- and what happens if you press Recall on that folder as it is now?
I did not use the recall button to delete them. I selected the title/icon. Then it went to the list view where it shows a list of episode, % watched, availability. From there I selected the episode and on the following page where it has watch or delete buttons I clicked delete and confirmed.

If I click Recall on the on-demand folder or the Family Guy icon within it does nothing as if the button has no assigned action. On regular DVR events (non-VOD)

Last night I tried to delete them from the Joey since that is where they were watched from. (yeah it was slim chance but figured hey, might as well try).. It took longer for it to error out but I'm guessing that lag is due to latency.

This evening I tried again from the Hopper and it actually did allow me to delete one of the episodes. But then after deleting one episode it's showing 4 remaining but doing the "Please wait, refreshing.." message when I click the icon.

So... I was able to delete them. Here's what I did...
1. Opened the Guide
2. Searched for "Family Guy" and clicked the search result to show the list of ALL the seasons and episodes.
3. For all the on demand listings it had 0% watched but I clicked them regardless.
4. On most of them it gave me the option to Watch On Demand. However on some of them it gave me the option to Delete. At which point I did.

...So I was able to access them from the listview from the Search under the Guide. Hey, whatever it takes.

On the last one I deleted it gave me this error message.

PXL_20210105_013543886.jpg

I don't know if they are actually deleted or if they are just removed from the list. But they're not showing up in the on demand folder.

I am working on a similar problem. In the DVR > On Demand (Free & Rented) section, I have 3 movie icons that are listed as 'rentals'. I want to delete them, but the menu selections that are normally in the lower left corner of the screen (which contains the delete function) are missing for these entries. The Recall button doesn't work either. I rebooted the hopper and nothing changed. I only have these 3 icons showing in the rental window and I really want to get rid of them. How do I do it?

I have issues with On Demand as well
Basically the same as described above
HWS will show that the program still has time left to be watched,, but when I try to watch them it says expired
Try to delete using the recall button & they won't delete
Also the latest issue is that when choosing an on demand program, I no longer get the option to watch now or watch later. The program just starts playing and at times is hard to stop it from playing.