Ghostbusters Video Game

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Anyone else here looking forward to the release of the new Ghostbusters game?

I'm approaching it warily. On paper it looks like the greatest game/movie tie-in of all time, but often with games nowadays something will look great in previews but be executed badly. I'm just afraid this may be like the spiritual "Alone in the Dark 2." I'm also curious to see how they'll pull off the Wii version with the remote as the weapon. Whenever I see the other versions in action it makes me think of "Ghostbusters of War"

Some of the best video games don't have anything to do with a movie or television show. We shall see. I would have told them to have it take place a small town with many haunted houses, caves, etc and have them look for ghosts , hidden clues etc. So many bad video games every year and only a few worth playing.

Last edited:
Some of the best video games don't have anything to do with a movie or television show. We shall see. I would have told them to have in take place a small town with many haunted houses, caves, etc and have them look for ghosts , hidden clues etc. So many bad video games every year and only a few worth playing.
Maybe a generic game about ghost hunters would make sense with that premise, but something with the Ghostbusters name needs to take place in NYC. The city played a significant role in all the movies, so to take it out of the game would be like taking out Winston.

Maybe a generic game about ghost hunters would make sense with that premise, but something with the Ghostbusters name needs to take place in NYC. The city played a significant role in all the movies, so to take it out of the game would be like taking out Winston.

But this is a video game, not the movie. And one of the reasons many of these games fail is because of the limits they put on the game . Again, If it's a failure then it's going to be because of boring game play.

IGN released a review of the game. They seemed to really like it, although the reviewer is an admitted Ghostbusters fanatic, so his view may be a little skewed. In any case, he gave it an 8 out of 10. They haven't reviewed the Wii version yet.

IGN Advertisement

clear.gif
that is good game,i like it

The general consensus seems to be that while the game is flawed, it is still an enjoyable experience and worth playing, getting an average 80%/B rating from the reviewers. I have it in my GF Queue, but given I have out Paper Mario and Guitar Hero Smash Hits, I don't know when a slot will be available to get it. ;p

Apparently comparing 360 and PS3 versions takes you back to the early days of the PS3, either the developer or the engine sucks when it comes to making their game look/play as well on the PS3 (960x540 and super blurry) as it does on the 360 (720p).

360: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8075/ghostbusters360010.jpg

PS3: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6945/ghostbustersps3010.jpg
Yeah I read about that too. Its too bad because I've been feeling, I don't know, guilty over the fact that my PS3 has been used as a $400 DVD/BD Player, Youtube/XviD video watcher and protein analyzer much more than it has been an actual GAMING machine, and GB was going to be the first multiplatform release that I got the PS3 version of instead of 360. But with the lacking graphics (which apparently go beyond just the low res stuff) and my desire for achievement points over trophies will once again push me to the 360 version. My PS3 will be seeing the Ghostbusters Blu Ray at least.. ;p

my desire for achievement points over trophies
it actually took me a long time to stop caring about achievement points, it ended up just being more of a money/time thing, but man, achievements are one of the unrecognized true revolutions of this generation of gaming, lol.

Stuff in NCAA and Madden though when they come out, I'll surely work toward getting just for the achievements.

I get multi-plat stuff for my 360 more for the online factor than anything usually. I've only been able to get a couple of my friends to pickup a PS3. Horrid bugs and problems aside, that's always been my recommendation... whichever more of your friends have, get it. Online is where it's at.

Ok. I got the game. The Sixaxis controls actually make the ps3 version fun. My neighbor got it as well( he has the XBOX 360 Version) and I don't see much difference in the games. He was complaining about the game freezing up on his XBOX 360 but it didn't do that when I was watching it. He said he did several times when he played it .

Here is some youtube video of the PS3 version
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLNdZCyRAY&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Ghostbuster PS3 Playthrough Part 1[/ame]

Played it briefly on 360 at Best Buy, seemed decent. Like a 5 hour game though, rental for sure. It's relying on the fans to pick it up as if it's the next Ghostbusters movie, because it basically is.

On a related note, I watched Ghostbusters (the movie) on Blu Ray on my PS3, and then the next time I booted up my PS3 there was a new Ghostbusters theme copied to my PS3 Hard drive in my game menu. It actually looks rather nice, and was a nice change from my Bioshock theme that I was getting tired of..

That's cool, I need to check mine then.

It is a good game. I just hope they don't make a new movie. The second movie was awful.
Rumor is that this game is supposed to gauge public interest in the possibility of a new movie. If they do make a new one, it'd be interesting to see if they integrate the events of the game into the new movie, a'la "Enter the Matrix" in the Trilogy. Hopefully they'll have slightly better results. I'm not being sarcastic in that statement, in that I found the Matrix game and Reloaded/Revolutions to be rather enjoyable, but definitely could be improved upon.

Looks like I'll be trying out the Wii version first, as that was the first one available on my gamefly. I really would like to get my wife into playing it with me. I recently showed her the movie and she really liked it (no she hasn't been living in a cave, but almost: China), so hopefully that will transition into wanting to play the game as well.

Last edited:

InFamous

1vs100 for xbox.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)