Ghosting in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sheridan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Okay, here is one I've never seen. Sports bar installation, been in place for a long time. They have the current HD receivers which are feeding projectors.

On one projector, the HD image has ghosting, just like what you would see with an analog signal and questionable reception. The extra wierd thing is, if I switch the projector to see the Video feed from the same receiver, it is clear, no ghosting. So, same channel, two different outputs to the same projector, one Video, one HD. Other receivers and projectors on the same channel don't have this issue.

I didn't think this was possible. But considering the Video feed is clear, I'm thinking the receiver is bad. But as I said, I've never seen this before. I will be going back to try swapping receivers to isolate it, but I thought I would post this to see if any you have experienced this before.

Can you place another known "good" proj onto the "offending" line? At least if the problem goes away you are looking at a proj issue with the one you removed, if the problem follows then it is in the line some how.

Yes, I could do that as well. I have some spare units. I've never seen a projector do that, but I suppose anything's possible. Thanks for the input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts