GI 450I uhf Remote Control Progamming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glater

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I picked up a General Instruments 450I Receiver yesterday with the original remote control, but so far I haven't been able to control the receiver with the uhf remote (model urc 45t). I turned on the receiver, pushed the Sat button, even the sat/tv button, but couldn't control any function on the receiver. I've got new batteries in it & the lights flash on the remote when I push a button. Because it didn't have batteries in it when I got it, I'm hoping that it just might need to be reprogrammed. And by the way, I found the manual for the receiver in the "fta manuals section" here on satelliteguys. Thanks to everyone who shares these user guides! I'm still looking for a dish, but hey, I've got a dish mover now. I hope the remote is not defective, so if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the input. The receiver manual says to check the remote control guide.

Gabshere, it does say "Awesome Anywhere 3-in-one ir/uhf remote". I didn't get a box or a small antenna with it. Here's a picture of it. Thanks

URC 45t Remote.JPG

ok its a multifunction remote
to control the 450i you should press SAT button (and next press power button) then the 450i should power on. If its connected to a TV you can then press the menu button and see the on screen menu.

i forget, I think some TV's had to be tuned to Channel 3 to view.
the SAT/TV button is to swap between the satellite receiver & the TV's channels ( if you have an external tv antenna connected to the back of the 450i)

hopefully that will work

Thanks, I've tried pressing the Sat button & then the power button, and the tv/sat but haven't had any success. I can get some receiver screens on the TV by using the controls on the receiver. I can hold the sat button down for about 3 seconds & an led starts flashing, so I'm thinking that there might be some code or (?), that I need to enter to get the remote to control the receiver, but maybe the remote is defective if that's not the case. I'll be gone all day today, but will read the receiver manual tonight to see if there are codes for controlling the tv and at least try that function to check that part of the remote. Thanks, I'll let you know what I find out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts