Giambi gets away with cheating

Unless Giambi turned over and spilled his guts he should have gotten something from cheating.
What is he going to tell kids in those public service messages..."make sure when you cheat you get a good lawyer, good PR firm, work for a major corporation, and cut a good deal when you finally tell the truth"

one more reason to baseball in this day age with no salary cap SUCKS!

Last edited:
It's truly amazing how just because a player is on a certain team (the Yankees of course) that we could get a ridiculous OP like this. How can you even dare to compare the torture of animals (murder) to taking drugs? Or throwing professional games as a ref? They are all different types of crimes. A player found to be using drugs gets SUSPENDED for a certain amount of games - those other two crimes get you JAIL.

Did Mr. Giambi do those things as a Yankee? Or when he won the MVP as an Oakland A? Do you have that answer Mr. Vurbano, or are you just into throwing mud?

Also, of the players whose names have been circulating in this mess (Sosa, McGuire, Bonds, Palmiero, Sheffield, etc.) which ones of those has done anything except STONEWALL? At least Mr. Giambi has accepted in PUBLIC his mistakes. ALL those other guys REFUSE to admit ANYTHING. Give him some credit at least for coming clean.

I am totally against any performance enhancing drug use in pro sports, but it was done (as we all pretty much agree).

It's truly amazing how just because a player is on a certain team (the Yankees of course) that we could get a ridiculous OP like this. How can you even dare to compare the torture of animals (murder) to taking drugs? Or throwing professional games as a ref? They are all different types of crimes. A player found to be using drugs gets SUSPENDED for a certain amount of games - those other two crimes get you JAIL.

Did Mr. Giambi do those things as a Yankee? Or when he won the MVP as an Oakland A? Do you have that answer Mr. Vurbano, or are you just into throwing mud?

Also, of the players whose names have been circulating in this mess (Sosa, McGuire, Bonds, Palmiero, Sheffield, etc.) which ones of those has done anything except STONEWALL? At least Mr. Giambi has accepted in PUBLIC his mistakes. ALL those other guys REFUSE to admit ANYTHING. Give him some credit at least for coming clean.

I am totally against any performance enhancing drug use in pro sports, but it was done (as we all pretty much agree).

I don't think this has anything to do with him being a Yankee...honestly. But there has only been 2 upfront players in this whole mess, one is Giambi and the other, Canseco(those his motives might have been different).

Blame Bud Selig for this mess. The strange part of this situation is, how do you suspend a player for coming forward, when you couldn't suspend him under the rules when he took steroids? Steroid use has left a bad taste in my mouth (no jokes please, nah go ahead, I could use a laugh), but what's done is done, and baseball needs to move forward to make sure this doesn't happen anymore. One way to do this , is to gather as much information as possible, and you are NOT going to get cooperation from anybody if you are going to threaten their career. Salsa was right when he said Selig and the owners knew what was going and they looked the other way. They should have protected the integrity of the game then. We can't go back to fix this, only forward. Another black eye for baseball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)