Gingerbead on Evo

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I downloaded and installed Gingerbread Droid 2.3 on my Evo today ... its more of an "under the hood update" as the phone runs more efficiently, battery life is much better, and the UI is more responsive. Other than that, I haven't noticed anything else.

Symbol said:
Noticed the phone is faster, and improvements on the sprint tv app which is much faster now. 32mflops on linpack

Read your other post; congrats on new Evo :)

I think 2.3 is tip of how great Evo is/will be :)

Not sure if this is a Gingerbread thing or the ROM I downloaded, but now my Evo goes from completely off to fully powered on in about 2 seconds.

Read your other post; congrats on new Evo :)

I think 2.3 is tip of how great Evo is/will be :)

I think so too, but hey if you look at it this way, this phone has gotten every update for a year, while other android phones have been forgotten.
Kinda cool when I powered on my evo, I immediately checked for updates and installed.

My dad wanted the nexus S, but I read it had some signal issues and a few bugs so he got an evo instead a month back.

Not sure if this is a Gingerbread thing or the ROM I downloaded, but now my Evo goes from completely off to fully powered on in about 2 seconds.

If you pull the battery and reinsert it, it's fully powered off. If you are saying this is the case, kudos to HTC, as this is spectacular.

If you mean standby, thats still impressive but not as incredible.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Don't know whether it's changes to the Swype sub-app or the OS but it's now far easier to navigate when writing. A zoom window hones in on your text, making it far easier to get right to the spot where you want to edit! And it's easier to copy or cut and paste as well.

Yep, I upgraded my phone a couple days ago and it powers-up fast, fast, fast. Of course, it keeps displaying that I have 2 voicemail messages when, if fact, I have none...and I can't seem to clear the status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)