** Giveaway: WS International ESX241 Single C band LNBF & ESX242 LNBF For Review **

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WSInternational

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 24, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all having a spectacular weekend so far.

I have not done a giveaway for a while, so I think one is long overdue.

Today, I'd like to give away 2 of our C band LNBs to two lucky forum members. I'm giving away an ESX241 Single output C band LNBF and an ESX242 Twin output C band LNBF.

We make some great C band LNBFs in addition to other satellite equipment and all of our C band and Ku band LNB and LNBFs come with an un-heard of 2-year warranty.

If you think the time has come to change out that old, outdated LNBF with a genuine and reliable WS International LNBF, this is a great time since they are on sale right now on the Specials Page. The ESX241 is on sale now for only $9.95/pc and the ESX242 is on sale for only $14.25/pc. Visit the Specials Page for other great C band products like our VBox-X positioner with super low prices.

So here is what you do to win, and what you do after you win:

1. Reply back to this thread and tell me your favorite C band satellite and why.
  2. In your reply, tell me the LNBF brand and model you are currently using.
  3. If you win, promise to do an honest comparison review of the ESX241 or ESX242 within 5 days after receiving the LNBF & post it on this forum.

I will choose 2 forum members as winners. I will UPS you the ESX241 or ESX242 within 24-48 hours of announcing the winner. The last post to qualify will be on 5/27/2011 at 12-midnight Pacific Standard Time and I will announce the winners on Saturday 5/28/2011. No purchase is necessary, but remember, you have to complete and post your review within 5 days of receiving the shipment. GOOD LUCK to everybody.

• Brand: WS International
  • Model#: ESX241
  • IF:3.4-4.2GHz
  • LO: 5150MHz
  • Gain: 70dB
  • NF: 13K
  • Outputs: 1
  • Warranty: 2-year

• Brand: WS International
  • Model#: ESX241
  • IF:3.4-4.2GHz
  • LO: 5150MHz
  • Gain: 70dB
  • NF: 13K
  • Outputs: 2
  • Warranty: 2-year

My favorite C band sat is Galaxy 17 91west. For my location (Puerto Rico) I can pick the sat either using BUDs or more smaller dishes (6 footers) along with blue conical scalar rings. Here, I can find daily shows, series (CW's, BYU) , movies (FX's, Reelz), Sports (BigTen, Comcast) and spanish programation (Univision New Mexico). So I have differents alternatives to pick from making it one of the most attractive. I'm using a WS DMX 242. I'm willing to do an honest comparison/ test and get back with real results, promise!!! So, going a little big further will make the test more atractive!! Dont you think so!! Thanks for the opportunity!!
Regards

My favorite C-band satellite is wherever the sports feeds are! As of last fall, that was usually 89w, but sometimes 99w, wait, maybe 97w...you get the picture. I am currently using a C/K-1 LNB on my Paraclipse, and one of your excellent 741 C/Ku LNB's on my Birdview. I'd love to test the LNB and report the results. Thanks!

Well to be honest it's hard to pick just one. I like 91 west for the fx feeds.87 has the great retro channels they remind me of when tv land had retro stuff on it back in the day. I like the feeds I get at 97 west for the cw and CBS stations. My wife likes abc on 99 west. 107 has the Canadian network A which I like to watch cause I feel like it's something people in the states don't get to see. 137 has the hd feed of retro so I go there to catch that. I have been I love with cband since watching it at my uncles house in the eighties. I currently have a six footer and a dmx 741u. I'm starting to put up my ten footer and this would be the perfect test for the lnb. Can't wait to get my 10 footer up. Thanks Wsi for all the specials you bring us!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My favorite c-band satellite is AMC 1 @ 103W and the reason this is my favorite satellite to park on is because my wife thinks I spend way to much time searching for wild feeds and sports programming on other satellites and this bird always has something that she likes to watch on it. So once and a while I call her down stairs and sit and watch some programming that she likes and she then thinks this hobby is not so bad after all. The LNBF I'm using is my c-band dish is my old but reliable Eagle Aspen 1200 Turbo. I promise if you select me to test, I'll switch it out right away and give a full report comparison on all c-band satellites I currently receive. Thanks! Chad

I would say I like 91w the most, it offers more of what I like to watch. I currently use a single WSI model that came with the 8 footer special WSI had about 18 months ago. and a twin feed I bought from another dealer (I have to look up the model, etc. when I get home in a week or so). I have been wanting/needing a twin feed for my setup and bought a "special" from the other deatler, I use a receiver for scanning and a different one for viewing.

87W is a great bird for my stationary PortaBUD 6 footer. I receive the NASA mux, MeTV, ThisTV, RTN, and others here.

PortaBUD is outfitted with an Eagle Aspen B1SAT stacked LNBF.

Thanks for the contest!

I use a geosat C2 on my 10 footer, and am very pleased with it.

I have wanted to try out the esx242 for a bit now... I still use my dmx241 on my 7.5 footer, it works very well. I'm also kinda curious to try out the KU lnbf esx522...

its hard to pick just 1 cband sat, because I'm usually scanning all over the arc... but gun to my head if I have to pick 1, I guess it would be 99west G16... for the networks and wild feeds.

Since I'm running 5 C band dishes I have a mixture of LNBFs I've tried over time. My main dish has a 6 year old BSC621 C/Ku model and I have Geosat C2s on the others right now. My favorite C band satellite is AMC3 were I spend plenty of time enjoying the RTVs and Me TV programming. Since I rarely use it for Ku I was thinking about a change and had thought about switching the LNBF out for a C2 to see if it was better. If I win I will try out the ESX241 in it's place.

Thanks for the contest Robby.

My favorite satellite is 99W, because we use it to receive ABC programs using the Azbox and the Pansat 9200. Currently, I am using the Fortec 8 ft stationary dish and the GEOSATpro C-Band Dual Output LNBF (purchased from Satellite AV on 4/24/2009). One output feeds the Azbox in the main entertainment area, and the other output feeds the Pansat 9200HD in the bedroom. I get excellent results with this equipment. The 10 ft mesh dish has the GEOSATpro CK1 which feeds the DSR922. Of course, the Ku is no longer useful for 4DTV reception, so I will eventually replace the CK1 with a dual C-Band.
Specifications on your dual C-Band LNBF appear identical to the GEOSATpro unit, so I would be delighted to compare the 2 units. I am retired, so all I need is a complete day without rain here to do the comparison for you.
Thanks for another special!!!

I already have a WSI ESX241 C-band LNBF, and it has excellent performance.

The darker colored LNB on your left is the ESX241. The other two are DMSI BSC421. Since they are aimed at different satellites, I cannot offer a direct performance comparison.

I get 87w, 91w, and 99w with this setup.

web2.jpg

So the time has come...... Below are the winners. Please PM me your full shipping address and I will get this out for you on Tuesday. Thanks for participating.

WTguy - ESX241
Stogie5150 - ESX242

I already have a WSI ESX241 C-band LNBF, and it has excellent performance.

The darker colored LNB on your left is the ESX241. The other two are DMSI BSC421. Since they are aimed at different satellites, I cannot offer a direct performance comparison.

I get 87w, 91w, and 99w with this setup.

View attachment 65969

Hey,
can you please let me know the exact order based on this photo?? I guess 99W is the main, but looking at the picture where are the other 2 located?? really appreciated!! Thanks

Hey,
can you please let me know the exact order based on this photo?? I guess 99W is the main, but looking at the picture where are the other 2 located?? really appreciated!! Thanks

As they are pictured in the photo, 87w is on your left, then 91W in the primary spot, and 99w to your right. The dish is a 10-foot Winegard.

Gotta be the shortest contest I have seen around here. I saw it yesterday and it was already done! :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)