Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Stopped on the way home from work to ask about a dish - - - I had stopped before but no one was home, so I left a note.

The guys just called me and said take it for free but I must also take the pole. He will have a tractor there next weekend to help get the pole out of the ground.

BTW, my wife was VERY, VERY happy!!! :)

Attachments

• WineGard-Dish.jpg
    WineGard-Dish.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 200
  • WineGard-Dish2.jpg
    WineGard-Dish2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 209
Nice find, save, re-utilization, of a nice looking dish. That's pretty nice of them to offer to help.

The guys just called me and said take it for free but I must also take the pole. He will have a tractor there next weekend to help get the pole out of the ground.

When I pluck a pole out of the ground I hook a chain with a slip hook around the pole and around the 3 point hitch arms and lift it right out of the ground concrete and all. :D

Hook the chain around the pole as close to the concrete as you can and the bigger the tractor the easier it goes. I use a tractor with about 200HP and I have not met a pole that it does not like! ;)

.....BTW, my wife was VERY, VERY happy!!! :)
I'll bet she was. Had a band playing.:D

When I pluck a pole out of the ground I hook a chain with a slip hook around the pole and around the 3 point hitch arms and lift it right out of the ground concrete and all.

Hook the chain around the pole as close to the concrete as you can and the bigger the tractor the easier it goes. I use a tractor with about 200HP and I have not met a pole that it does not like!

Great job getting the pole out.
Can it pick up about 2 yards? That is what is holding mine up.

RT.

Looks like a traditional Winegard, and in very good condition.
So, you must take the pole too, eh? - :up
Somebody's been livin' right!

Very nice clean dish looks like a 7.5 or 8 footer, great find. Good luck.

That 10 ft Winegard is good as a commercial dish.they do not make them like that any more good find.

My two sons and i picked up this dish today. The guy who gave it to me had already pulled it out of the ground before we got there. Looks to be in very good condition with only some rust. The mesh is in very good shape. Don't know why but I really like the looks of this dish - - - well made too. :up

Attachments

• 10Foot-Winegard.jpg
    10Foot-Winegard.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 121
  • CoarseLAT.jpg
    CoarseLAT.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 124
  • WineGard-Label.jpg
    WineGard-Label.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 125
  • WINEGARD-Cover.jpg
    WINEGARD-Cover.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 124
After we got home from church, I removed the cover off the Winegard and found the normal nests. Had both a bird nest and wasp nest.

Once I removed the nests, found Chaparral Feed horn which was obviously original equipment.

My wife asked where it is going as she does not want it sitting around for a year like the Channel Master did. She said if I got rid of the wrecked Volvo which I use for parts i could keep the new BUD. (Now that is a hard decision!) :)

Attachments

• Nest-In-Winegard.jpg
    Nest-In-Winegard.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Feedhorn-with-Nest-Removed.jpg
    Feedhorn-with-Nest-Removed.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 108
After we got home from church, I removed the cover off the Winegard and found the normal nests. Had both a bird nest and wasp nest.

Once I removed the nests, found Chaparral Feed horn which was obviously original equipment.

My wife asked where it is going as she does not want it sitting around for a year like the Channel Master did. She said if I got rid of the wrecked Volvo which I use for parts i could keep the new BUD. (Now that is a hard decision!) :)

Strip the Volvo of the essential, expensive parts & tow the carcass to the metal scrap yard. Take the money you get from that to buy her a nice Christmas present. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.