Gizmodo falling out of love with Blu-Ray?

Honestly, I have yet to see any compelling reason for me personally to use any of the special PIP features of 1.1 players or the HD DVD stuff. I like the in movie menus for changes to audio and such, but after that, I'm pretty much a movie only kind of person, not big into extras.

Great article...seems to me they are not falling out of love at all, but happy to see Blu ray meeting its potential, and maybe even looking forward to 2.0...Glad to see that the players are taking the discs (100% so far according to the article), and that there have been very few to no hiccups!! great job blu ray! I didnt see any really hate in this article at all. again seems like a great job Blu ray!

In the end, we were glad that Blu-ray could now do what we've already seen in Warner HD DVDs such as 300 and the latest Harry Potter. PIP may yet be a wondrous tool. But we're a little puzzled by two things:
1) It's hard to believe that $1,000+ players from Pioneer and Sony Electronics can't do what these were able to do so easily.
2) If this is all possible, why does it take so long to just complete the damn profile and make all players capable of both picture-in-picture interactivity and online connectivity?

Gizmodo obviously sounds dissapointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts