Glad thats finally over....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Baker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2004
Somewhere in space
And that would be the total disaster, more commonly referred to as the US Olympic Men's Hockey team. It was utterly brutal watching their games. Anyone else think we could have assembled a better team?? :confused:

I didn't get to see the game. But I knew they were done for when they had to play finland right away. But a 4-3 loss isn't that bad

canada about to go down too. But of course there was a bad penalty and too quick of a whistle on the goalie

riffjim4069 said:
Yep, USA Hockey Team was a huge disappointment this year...very glad that debacle is over!

No the US team was not a huge dissappointment.

They were not expected to do much, most knew that going into it.
Although a 1-5 record is not anything worth even going over for.

I did not expect them to get a medal, but did expect them to at laest win at least half thier games.

Jimbo

BFG said:
canada about to go down too. But of course there was a bad penalty and too quick of a whistle on the goalie

Thanks Bertuzzi for that penalty. :(

Although Canada's biggest problem was really putting the puck in the net. Shutout 3 times is pretty bad.

And poor Gretz is going to be raked over the coals in Canada about this too. Last thing he needed.

Jimbos said:
No the US team was not a huge dissappointment.
I too wasn't expecting them to win gold, but I was expecting them to be competitive and at least finish 500. I'm sorry, but I just can't view 1 Win, 4 Losses and 1 Tie as anything less than woefully sad and miserably disappointing. El Stinko!:(

Kirby Baker said:
And that would be the total disaster, more commonly referred to as the US Olympic Men's Hockey team. It was utterly brutal watching their games. Anyone else think we could have assembled a better team?? :confused:

What difference does it make? Its just a bunch of NHL players that have left their franchises briefly, gone to their home countries and changed jerseys. Its ridiculous. Who cares who wins? The only thing it proves is that the Fins or whoever wins this FARCE have better players in the NHL than the Americans:rolleyes:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
What difference does it make? Its just a bunch of NHL players that have left their franchises briefly, gone to their home countries and changed jerseys. Its ridiculous. Who cares who wins? The only thing it proves is that the Fins or whoever wins this FARCE have better players in the NHL than the Americans:rolleyes:

Not necessarily, you don't need the best players. Some are nice but good coaching and training are important to the game.
USA biggest problem is that they were not well coached. They had no jump in their step, they weren't chasing the after the puck and they had no fore or back check. Oh yeah, they couldn't hit the back of the net either.
They didn't look like they came into the games with a plan. Other countries coaching was allot better.
I wish hockey was a summer Olympic sport so that the teams could get together and train for awhile before the Olympics. All of the NHL players are playing games up 4 or 5 days before the Olympic games. It would be nice to see what they could do if they played together for a month or 2.

I wish they would go back to amatuers only. The Pro's don't seem to care if they win or not. The "Limelight" is all they're interested in. It's like as far back as I can remember, the Georgia Bulldogs going to the Sugar Bowl, It ain't about winning the Game. It's about having a once in a lifetime "Party", that may not ever happen again.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.