Glenn Beck, Eliot Spitzer Ad

garyreno

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
Ohio
When I change channels I am getting Glenn Beck Eliot Spitzer ads while I am waiting for the channel change. Any way to get rid of this?

More annoying ads that appear when scrolling up or down. Same as the ones from Speed or HBO. I'll bet both left and right wingers find these annoying.

Which receivers do you guys have, and on what channels? What do you mean by "when scrolling?"

Haven't seen this yet but I haven't used any of my receivers since yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

3HaloODST said:
Which receivers do you guys have, and on what channels? What do you mean by "when scrolling?"

Haven't seen this yet but I haven't used any of my receivers since yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I am curious as well, I have not noticed this. Of course I spent yesterday watching events from my dvr so that could be why.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Really annoying. Straw that broke the camel's back. All of my TV's are internet connected. Tired of paying for channels I don't want to get the ones I do want. Have the Everything Pack along with Blockbuster and Redzone. 2 722k DVR's. 2 year Commitment is over. Already have Amazon Prime and VUDU. Looking into TIVO DVR for local channels and HULU+. Will miss HBO,Max,Starz,Showtime etc.

dare2be said:
I haven't noticed it either. Is it Hopper specific?

The banner is similar to the banner that you would see on channels that have content on dishonline

I have a hopper, not sure if its hopper specific

Tune to one of the news channels around 200, then start pressing the channel up button and you should see it. It's similar to tuning to 150 and pressing channel up or down, you'll get an add for speed. If you can't, consider yourself lucky.

EatMyVolts said:
Tune to one of the news channels around 200, then start pressing the channel up button and you should see it. It's similar to tuning to 150 and pressing channel up or down, you'll get an add for speed. If you can't, consider yourself lucky.

Probably why I have not seen them, I never channel up or down. I use the guide only.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

More annoying ads that appear when scrolling up or down. Same as the ones from Speed or HBO. I'll bet both left and right wingers find these annoying.
I don't notice them. I can see there is something, but I don't actually look at them.

Really annoying. Straw that broke the camel's back. All of my TV's are internet connected. Tired of paying for channels I don't want to get the ones I do want. Have the Everything Pack along with Blockbuster and Redzone. 2 722k DVR's. 2 year Commitment is over. Already have Amazon Prime and VUDU. Looking into TIVO DVR for local channels and HULU+. Will miss HBO,Max,Starz,Showtime etc.
So this banner, which only pops up after scrolling past a particular channel is the straw that broke the camels back?

It only stays up on the screen as long as the upper banner does don't really see how this is an issue.
You should have been around when that second banner first popped up... you'd have sworn that Dish doubled their rates, got rid of half of their channels, and Charlie went to every subscriber's home and kicked them in the shins... repeatedly. :eek:

You should have been around when that second banner first popped up... you'd have sworn that Dish doubled their rates, got rid of half of their channels, and Charlie went to every subscriber's home and kicked them in the shins... repeatedly. :eek:

Well, even after all this time, that 2nd bottom banner is still a source of irritation to me.

Well, even after all this time, that 2nd bottom banner is still a source of irritation to me.
That bottom banner is as much an irritation to me as the top channel banner (read: hardly), since the bottom banner works in tandem with the top one. So I'm guessing having to clear the top banner is just as irritating to you? Why haven't you complained about the top banner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)