Global Warming ... Part 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Radar, It's stories like that, that makes me realise why I don't winter in Michigan as I sit in a T Shirt at the PC no heating and still 70F. Glad to hear you are OK after that trauma.

I'm with you Radar and Mikhel for Global warming read Global Taxation.

Absolutely right. Heck what was I thinking, no need to give the IRS any ideas. Here's first day of 2010 in Cyprus this morning 72F. 1 new dish on 16e at the moment for Nat Geo Music until football FTA on Intelsat 902 @ 62E.

Happy New Year all

Pedro,

I don't think Ice meant you or I. There are some posts removed from this thread. I didn't read them all, but I am sure that those were what Ice was talking about and not us.

Regardless... Happy New Year to you, too! :)

I hope you had a fun time celebrating New Years and I hope that this year is good to you! I honestly have a good inner feeling, I hope I am right! Please enjoy this year as I think it should be a positive one. I am an optimist, you know. :)

RADAR

there were just a couple posts that got political and they were removed. There are a couple posts that kinda borderline it but I left them in for now.

But its easier to talk about the temps/weather in our areas instead ;)

The good thing about global warming is I will no longer have to worry about snow on the dish's.

Well, the global warming hasn't taken effect here in Nebraska this year.

Since December 7th until now, we have had 33.3 inches of snow (that's abnormal) and now it has been extremely cold (-14 this morning at 4 am) and it has been sub-zero or near-so like this since the start of January (which is also abnormal).

I don't recall this much snow or this cold of weather and certainly not both at the same time in the past 35 years or more.

I remember one or two majorly heavy snows and one time that it didn't get above zero F for a high for 28-29 days, but never this MUCH snow or this COLD and both at once.

This is nasty and more snow is predicted for my area in the next week.

I wonder if Al Gore would scoop my driveway for me? It is only 2- 5 feet deep most of the way and only 1/8 mile long and it is only -14 degrees out (without the wind chill). I wonder if Al knows that the glaciers missing from the rest of the world are forming right here in my yard? LOL

RADAR

I think fossil fuel is a scam also. Can one realize how many dead dinos it would take to create the amount of oil we pull from the earth everyday to give off that much oil. And I never seen any dead animal turn to oil. It is a fairly new thought that oil is from fossil or dead decaying anything. Rather oil is made by the hot core cooking off scum from the inner earth. Sounds more realistic to me.

Sure, sure.... Your automobile is a polluting device, so is a coal (fossil fuel) power plant. But, research the facts first and you will understand that small, continuous emissions like this have no effect on global climate change. The CO2 is naturally reabsorbed and recycled by nature.

The obvious and logical course for us to take is to not become complacent or ignorant of our environment while at the same time, ensuring that we judge all the parameters and the trends accurately based upon proven scientific, meteorological, oceanographic, geological and historical data compiled by trained and unbiased professionals in these fields and not upon the rantings of a politically motivated or economically driven individual who has no more understanding of global climate change beyond how to set the thermostat of their palacial home, how much the fuel costs to operate their private jetliner or how well they can line their own pocket at the expense of others.

Unfortunately, lifeforms such as Al Gore do not live in the real world. They seem to exist in some sort of a fantasy land that they themselves conjured up based upon little quips that they read during their extraorinarily sheltered lives.

C'mon Al Gore. I am still waiting for you to drop by and scoop my driveway, now that I am getting more new snow and glaciers today. When you freeze your little hands, you can come inside and warm up. I'll put a pot of herbal tea on the electric stove that is powered by coal from a nearby power plant. Then, you can tell me how the dinosaurs died off because they were actually fire-breathing dragons and their exhaled exhaust caused the world to warm to excess and killed them all. Then, you can tell me again about how you developed the internet! I love that story, you are such a fantastic individual, Al! I can't figure out why no one voted for you. It must have been a conspiracy. I have a theory about that, too. You see, everyone that voted for you, Al, voted at the end of a hard and difficult day at the gymnasium. By the time they arrived at the ballot stations, the ballots were all subjected to the excessive global warming, so the paper had become soggy in the excess heat and humidity and that caused all the hanging chads in Florida. Well, that's what I think happened.

RADAR

AccuWeather Chief Meteorologist says that this winter is shaping up to be the coldest since 77-78.

Story here.

The weather guys in Omaha, NE say that we have had more snow in the month of December than has been recorded for this month in the last 61 or 62 years. I believe it! I haven't seen this much snow in my lifetime where I live. I am only 40 miles further northwest from Omaha, and we beat Omaha by roughly six inches so far! (37.3 vs 30.7). We usually get 28 inches in the entire season.

LoTech, was 77-78 the time when most of the orange crop failed in Florida because it all froze on the trees? That's when they came up with frozen OJ from concentrate, wasn't it? :)

RADAR

The obvious and logical course for us to take is to not become complacent or ignorant of our environment while at the same time, ensuring that we judge all the parameters and the trends accurately based upon proven scientific, meteorological, oceanographic, geological and historical data compiled by trained and unbiased professionals in these fields and not upon the rantings of a politically motivated or economically driven individual who has no more understanding of global climate change beyond how to set the thermostat of their palacial home, how much the fuel costs to operate their private jetliner or how well they can line their own pocket at the expense of others.

Unfortunately, lifeforms such as Al Gore do not live in the real world. They seem to exist in some sort of a fantasy land that they themselves conjured up based upon little quips that they read during their extraorinarily sheltered lives.

C'mon Al Gore. I am still waiting for you to drop by and scoop my driveway, now that I am getting more new snow and glaciers today. When you freeze your little hands, you can come inside and warm up. I'll put a pot of herbal tea on the electric stove that is powered by coal from a nearby power plant. Then, you can tell me how the dinosaurs died off because they were actually fire-breathing dragons and their exhaled exhaust caused the world to warm to excess and killed them all. Then, you can tell me again about how you developed the internet! I love that story, you are such a fantastic individual, Al! I can't figure out why no one voted for you. It must have been a conspiracy. I have a theory about that, too. You see, everyone that voted for you, Al, voted at the end of a hard and difficult day at the gymnasium. By the time they arrived at the ballot stations, the ballots were all subjected to the excessive global warming, so the paper had become soggy in the excess heat and humidity and that caused all the hanging chads in Florida. Well, that's what I think happened.

RADAR
I think Cabin Fever is setting in, your losing it. Herbal Tea LMAO
Later Mike Lib

The weather guys in Omaha, NE say that we have had more snow in the month of December than has been recorded for this month in the last 61 or 62 years. I believe it! I haven't seen this much snow in my lifetime where I live. I am only 40 miles further northwest from Omaha, and we beat Omaha by roughly six inches so far! (37.3 vs 30.7). We usually get 28 inches in the entire season.

LoTech, was 77-78 the time when most of the orange crop failed in Florida because it all froze on the trees? That's when they came up with frozen OJ from concentrate, wasn't it? :)

RADAR

Not sure of how much snow has fallen in western Nebraska but I do know it has snowed and it is very cold. Right now, I'm in Costa Rica. Wish I was in a position to stay here. Anyway, I showed my relatives here how cold it is in Nebraska and they shivered. Heh, they think that anything less than 65 degrees (F) is cold. I'm not looking forward to returning to Nebraska. :)

Not sure of how much snow has fallen in western Nebraska but I do know it has snowed and it is very cold. Right now, I'm in Costa Rica. Wish I was in a position to stay here. Anyway, I showed my relatives here how cold it is in Nebraska and they shivered. Heh, they think that anything less than 65 degrees (F) is cold. I'm not looking forward to returning to Nebraska. :)

Johnny,

Western Nebraska seems to be safer from this winter deluge. Over here on the east side along the Missouri river, we are getting hammered. If you have the option to stay where it is warm, do it! It sucks here.

RADAR

Been around 20-25 here for days.....3-5 inches of the white death today...first significant snow fall this year....bone chillin weekend again...All I can say is keep the snow off them dishes, forget the driveway. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)