globecast question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kenny911

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Michigan
I am interested in getting globecast for setanta sports and noticed the dish they have is $100. Do I need to use that dish? Could I buy an 18" dish? I live in Michigan.

Thanks

Also, what kind of LNB should I get. I might hook this up to 2 receivers in the future. I'm looking at Sadoun's site.

Sadouns web site seems to be down or is it just me?

You will need a dual standard LNBF with a L.O. of 10750 just the same as the single that come as standard with a Globecast system!

Its up for me. Thanks for the tips. I'm going to order tonite so hopefully I'll have this stuff at my house this week since I'm in Michigan. Actually, I'm praying since its going to be 60 this weekend.

Thanks guys, I just ordered...

Fortec star 31"
50 feet of cable
sadoun standard linear dual lnb
signal meter kit

I hope I get it by Friday :) 60 degrees in Michigan is pretty rare for March.

Thats shorts (Or Kilt for me) weather!

You will be all set now to watch the Famous Glasgow Celtic F.C. 1888 :)

I wish I had it earlier. I'm going to miss Barcelona/Chelsea tomorrow cause espn is showing the baseball classic and its going to be on setanta. Also, can't wait for euro news. I watched it in Europe last summer.

Shame Euro News is not in the clear for Globecast customers the way it used to be, but its nice and cheap and worth it as they show EVERY goal in Europe.

Been watching this channel from the beginning!

kenny

I just saw this post. I don't recommend the 31" dish for the GLOBECAST receiver. I suggest you call us ( 888-519-9595 ) and upgrade to the 36" dish. The Globecast receiver has a weak tuner, thus it requires a bigger dish to get a steady signal.

You should call right away since your order will most likely ship today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)