Globecast TV Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Inskdimo

Original poster
May 7, 2010
US
Hello Friends,

I'm trying to install Globecast WorldTV. I setup the dish to the appropriate Azimuth, Elevation, and Skew.

I'm getting 76 - 80 for the Signal Level but the Signal Quality is at 0 no matter what I do with the dish. It's not moving from 0? What could I be doing wrong?

At first I tried with the Dual LNB (P270) and then I tried with the Single LNB that came with it and still no success! :(

Please help!

Thank you

the single is correct if your mast is level and dose not move then its just a mater of finding the sweet spot .

If you give us your zipcode we could help more

Using your given location slowly move the dish from east to west in less then ant speed in 5deg one way and 5deg the other after every sweep adjust the elevation by 2 deg and try to find that signal.
Once you get a signal get the elevation to the best point for high signal then lock it up and try moving east to west even slower then b4 to get the best signal you can.

I looked up the zip code (33777) and setup the dish based on those values.
I tried to move the dish left to right, the Signal Level kept changing. Same with the elevation.
But for the Signal Quality it never moved from 0.

Is there something wrong with the LNB? There is a marking +/- 0, 30, 70 etc.
I tried the Dual LNB with the +/- 0..

Also,

On the Dish Setup page I'm selecting "Galaxy 25"? Am I supposed to be scanning a different satellite? It lists a bunch of satellites Galaxy 25 and then Sat 1,2,3,... and I selected Galaxy 25.

You will need to point the dish at Galaxy 19 at 97.0w that's were Globecast is broadcasting from.
Selected Galaxy 19 on the receiver and move the dish east and west till you lock on Galaxy 19 .

Hello DK_Sat,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see Galaxy 19 on the Satellite search. It only has Galaxy 25 and Sat 1,2,3.. ?
I have the dish pointed according to the Galaxy 19 at 97.0 W.

Go in to the installation menu select Galaxy 25 and added transporter and inter frequency 11936 H 20000 that is a strong transporter on Galaxy 19.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

can only get tp 21 on 101w

Question about wiring, and pole for C-Band dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts