Glorystar and 4x8 Multiswitch

cavsolutions

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
St. Thomas, USVI
Hi, I'm in the process of adding my 4th receiver to my G* system :D. Previously I had 2 Merc II (on the upper floor level) that were slaved one to the other via the loopthrough. (Worked "OK" if both receivers were on the same bird!) The feed came from 2 dual output LNBF's connected to a Diseqc switch. The 3rd receiver a Geosat Pro 1000 (located on the lower floor level) was connected to a 2nd Diseqc switch that got the other pair of coax from the 2 dual out LNBF's.

Now that I'm adding yet another receiver to the mix I decided to do it right and got a Zinwell 4x8 Multiswich (SAM-4803) The Merc's which have a much shorter run to the switch are happy... they can go back and forth between AMC4 and G25. The Geosat on the other hand AIN'T happy... it connects to AMC4 just fine but doesn't get a signal from G25. Granted I have a long cable run to the Geosat rec. (due to distance and location around the house) of somewhere between 150' - 200' of RG6 with a little booster amp inline. The long cable run with the little booster has worked just fine with the previous config with the Diseqc but now the Geosat cannot get a signal from IA5 using the 4x8 multiswitch.
I don't think the length of the long cable run IS or Should be an issue per se but I'm not sure. I'm pretty certain the switch is functioning "fine" as the Merc's are happy though Geosat only sees AMC4.

Any thoughts from you FTA SUPER-SLEUTHS!!! :confused:

Has the GEOSATpro DVR1000ci been configured to switch the 22KHz multi-switch?

The Glorystar version of the Fortec Star Mercury II receivers are preprogrammed with DiSEqC and 22KHz commands.

AMC4 - DiSEqC #1 / 22KHz OFF
Galaxy25 - DiSEqC #2 / 22KHz ON

The Glorystar version of the GEOSATpro DVR1000ci are preprogrammed with only DiSEqC commands.

AMC4 - DiSEqC #1 / 22KHz OFF
Galaxy25 - DiSEqC #2 / 22KHz OFF

Ok..... currently the GeosatPro 1000 is set to:

0/22KHz - AUTO (for both AMC4 & IA5)
Diseqc #1 (AMC4)
Diseqc #2 (IA5)
(This info is per my notes that I took with the settings).... however I do remember adjusting the settings and it didn't quite seem as if I was able to adjust the (0/22KHz - AUTO) feature but I shall give it a try as soon as I get home this evening. Thanks you! :)

I'm home now and on my Geosat Pro 1000ci the 0/22KHz is set to AUTO for both AMC4 and IA5. I cannot change the setting... whenever I arrow down or up in the LNB Configuration section it bypasses the 0/22KHz line :confused:
Do I need a firmware update or a reset or something?

what LNB;s are you using?

to use a 4x8 they have to be standard (LNB Freq 10750)...you should be able to set one to 22k on and one to 22k off

Update

After messing with the settings for IA5 in the LNB Configuration section, I opted to set the POWER to OFF and G25 is BACK ON!:):):)
Of note is that Signal Strength: 62 and Quality averages at 30 on TBN :eek: so of course some of the weaker channels like Safe TV pixelate and or just don't show. Any recommendations to further tweak this or do I just leave well enough alone? :)

what LNB;s are you using?

to use a 4x8 they have to be standard (LNB Freq 10750)...you should be able to set one to 22k on and one to 22k off

Hi, I'm using the ones is this picture that used to be on the G* website listed under LNBF's... they are Standard Linear LNBFS. The L.O. is set to 10750, the POWER is now set to OFF on IA5, 0/22KHz is still set to AUTO :confused: and Diseqc #2.
As noted previously this has resulted in me getting back signal or IA5 but the strength and especially QUALITY took a BIG HIT!!!:eek:

What else am I doing wrong????:eek:

I finally added my 4th receiver to the mix this weekend.... a Geosat Pro DVR 1100C and it sure is one VERY NICE receiver. Can switch back and forth between AMC4 and G25 just fine on this unit and the 2 Merc's.
Now I have absolutely NO signal on IA-5 on the Geosat Pro 1000... none whatsoever :(
What could I be doing wrong... what else do I need to tweak? Or perhaps do I need a firmware upgrade per se? The settings are the same as before I added the 4th box to the mix using the multiswitch. At least then, there was signal on IA5 and I got many channels though not the weaker ones. So, really haven't changed anything and now I've just lost all IA5 signal. Help....:confused: please.

Your switch settings need to be set to the following to match the Glorystar Mercury II. It appears that currently you have a LO frequency entered in the Low LO position. This would tell the receiver that you are using an Universal LNBF and set the 0/22KHz to Auto. Make sure that the LOW LO position has 00,000GHz.

In the LNB Setup Menu:

Satellite: IA-5 ku
Position: 97W
High LO: 10750
Low LO: 00,000GHz
Power: ON
0/22Khz: 22KHz
DiSEqC : DiSEqC #2

Satellite: AMC-4 ku
Position: 101W
High LO: 10750
Low LO: 00,000GHz
Power: ON
0/22Khz: 0KHz
DiSEqC : DiSEqC #1

GOT IA5 BACK

Got IA5 back and the family is alllll smiles again :)
Thank You VERY MUCH Glorystar1 for your time AND Patience with me.:up:):cool:

P.S. Signal levels and Quality are looking VERY good now!:cool: