Glorystar and Dish

I dont understand the question exactly but the Glorystar receivers and Dish receivers are two totally different things. They are separate :)

I want to continue using the Family package on Dish but I also want to install and use Glorystar. Can it be done and how do I connect both receivers to one computer?

I currently have Dish Family w/ Sky Angel. I want to keep Dish when my Sky Angel sub runs out. I also want to hook up Glorystar so that I have both Dish and Glorystar. Is this possible and if so how do I hook it up so I can run both off my TV in the living room?

If you're using coax to connect to your tv, it's as simple as running the output of one of your receivers into the input of the other. Both receivers should support pass-through (all of mine do). - so when you turn off one receiver, you'll see the signal of the one that is turned on.

Otherwise you'll need some sort of physical switch, or (most likely) you'll just connect each receiver to another input on your tv since most tv's have more than one input these days.

Sure, it's no different then having a Dish reciever, DVD player and XBox all on the same TV. You simply put the Glorystar receiver on a different video input on your TV just like your DVD player or VCR. On my HDTV I have 3 DirecTV receivers, Glorystar receiver, DVD player and VCR all hooked up to it.

You will need a separate dish for Glorystar of course. Here is my "dish farm". :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/glorystar-support-forum/100236-pics-glorystar-setup.html

Yeah, I took a look at that when you first posted it. My yard is starting to look like that. I've got the Dish 1000.2 and a separate 500 that is pointed at 61.5. The Glorystar dish will make it 3. Lucky I have an acre of property.

Anyway, thanks guys for the answers. I'm looking forward to getting the new system. I'm not sure if I'm going for the motor or not. I've never installed a satellite system before but it looks like there are some good tips here and from what I've read about Glorystar's support it looks like it is pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts