GloryStar and what to order

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iKnowZeroSat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
im about to order a Glorystar system and wondered...how complicated is it to get more FTA stations? what should i order with the system or get later???
thanks a million!
RV1POP~ Yes i posted at FTA, as there was ALOT more people visiting that room at that hour. im in sw michigan 49026 zip.
also i dont have a clue of what kind of dishes will work for me(as a second dish). im pretty sure the learning programs or stations like the outdoor channel would never happen but hope to see whats out there. ive saw 3 posts telling which sat everyone wants to see and all 3 were diff ones...ill have to research that one a bit.
Thanks again You all are really a HUGE help!!!

Last edited:
it says on their site "For an additional investment in equipment that may require a somewhat complicated setup process, you can purchase a motorized dish that allows you to point at several different satellites. These satellites will provide a total of approximately 300 channels"
i also see optional LNB'S AND people running an extra Dish
im confused
if i just get a motorized dish with the pkg should i be able to get tons of channels???

Essentially you get a standard FTA receiver that you could buy on your own without Glorystar. What you get special is specific Glorystar firmware pre-loaded with the Glorystar channels. But you can certainly do a standard scan and add any other channels you'd like that you find on the sats. The standard setup comes with 2 LNBs to point to 2 sats. You'd get hundreds of channels just on those 2. IF there are channels on other sats that you'd really like to get as well then you can install just a single LNB and then hook up a motor system to it. Or you can later on get a motor if you'd like and upgrade the dish. Up to you.

Just really depends on what channels you'd like to receive beyond the Glorystar and if they are on sats other then 97 and 101.

i looked up the motorized ones a min ago and see horror stories!!!
i also see optional LNB'S AND people running an extra Dish
i confused
is it economical and ez to install another dish???
what all is needed?
thank You Tim

I think you were talking about this system on the other thread: DEA-GLY SYS2 and ask them to substitute a 4X1 switch for the 2X1. For about $70 more you could add another 90 cm dish and since they could posibly ship it as one package, the shipping should not be too high. Adding an LNB for $20 would raise it to $90, and for $35 more would get you a second receiver if they still have them - a Novasat - no blind scan as I remember, so not a good first receiver.... Call and talk to a sales rep. You never know what you can get until you ask! (Of course, that is why I do most of my satellite business wtih these guys.)
POP

Thanks Everyone!!!

This info will save me frome having to do the same thing 2 or 3 times and save on all the shipping. i can use ALL the help i can get and the advice has been GREAT!
THANKS

Why not just get one of those multi-lnb dual reflector dishes that will receive off of several satellite orbital slots? No motorized dish required.

multi-lnb dual reflector dishes

i dont know anything about these multi-lnb dual reflector dishes that will receive off of several satellite orbital slots.
Are they specific to certian models or can any sat be reconfigured? ill need to look at a Mod for glorystar or others or only new dishes???
So far this sounds the Most promising.

Why not just get one of those multi-lnb dual reflector dishes that will receive off of several satellite orbital slots? No motorized dish required.

I get to start again! Ihad almost a page typed up and then my computer operator lost it:eek:.

Are you refering to the T-90 or T-55? The T-55 is too small for FTA success. The T-90 is rather expensive and ---for me --- has too much wind load. I do not know what his wind situation is there in SW Michigan.

I ONLY suggested the NOVASAT system as a "play with" second system as it is on closeout, listed at $125 for a 90cm Dish, the receiver -TP scan only- and a Universal - not standard - LNBF. Once you get the Regular Glorystar system up and running, then you can add and experiment without disturbing the main system. As a second receiver, adding channels to the setup would not be too hard either.

Glorystar shows the LN-GEO-SL2BLT out of stock - and that would be the one upgrade I would pay for it it was available. That dual LNBF would make the multi receiver setup easy as shown in the "Switches Simplified" thread Anole compilied in the FAQ sticky forum.

Dish size is important. 90 cm should be adequate for 99% of all KU band FTA. If you go to C-band you will need a 1.8M aka 6 foot dish or larger. The receiver is good for boith KU and C band FTA. Any subscription services will require a different receiver. I am sure you have noticed you will need a dish mover (and possibly polarity changer for C band) if you go to an acuator "jack" on a dish.

We can go into that later.

POP

THE LINK BELOW --> Wave Frontier Toroidal T55 Satellite ...

FTA Satellite Dishes and FTA Dish from FTA Canada

1. T55 has the same effectiveness of 55 cm (20 inches) dish for each LNBF installed.
2. T55 can accommodate up to 8 LNBFs.
3. T55 can cover up to 40 degrees in arc (60 degrees in azimuth)

$209

Available at ...

T55 Wave Frontier with 3 LNB Satellite Dish..Value $220 - eBay (item 200292599433 end time Jan-26-09 19:25:07 PST)

for $179.99 shipped

The T90 makes each satellite received equal to a 22 inch dish and is $269

You would have to purchase the reverse polarity lnb's seperately as this is just the cost for the dish.

The T90 makes each satellite received equal to a 22 inch dish and is $269

the T90 is the same as a 36" dish. You can use any old LNB's for Glorystar since its KU Band. The reverse ones are only for subscription services and if you dont have one then you can use regular DBS LNB's and the polarity is backwards

But those T90's are pretty big and heavy. I have a review of it in the FTA review area

Whew...my head is spinning!!! LOTS to consider... ill prob start with GloryStars DVR system.
ill prob stay away from the t-55 and t-90 and look at a "simple" non-motor dish. im not sure yet what ill go with or even can use. how many LNB'S can be used etc.
All i know for sure is Everyone has been a BIG Help...thanks! i am searching and reading as much as i can and its hard to ramp up knowledge on scattered threads.
Example i see different brands of used and new dishes for cheap...and i havent read much "yet" on if there is a good set up(dish network,etc,etc) or if id be better going New.
4 LNB's AND a standard dish????? i guess ill prob end up ordering GLORYSTAR and the rest shortly later.

I would never recommend a T-55 for FTA (just to small). I have a T-90 and I like it. However, it is NOT a dish I would recommend for a beginner! It is heavy and difficult to set up.
Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)