Glorystar Audio Drift

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mkoupal

Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I have a Fortec Star, Mercury II receiver. Just moved and had the dish installed. Signal level is over 90%, quality is mid 40.

I have a noticeable audio drift now, picture quality is excellent. Installer thought the LMB may be going bad. Before I order a new LMB, thought I would try see if that could be the problem, or could the skew be off or receiver going bad?

40% Signal Quality is seriously low. Just above threshold. I wouldn't be surprised if the pictures also microblock with the slightest cloud cover. Am surprised that you are getting the channels at all. Audio sync is nearly a symptom.

Increase the Signal Quality and the audio drift should be improved.

Highly doubt that the LNBF is bad. Either the dish was warped or bent during the move or it was not optimized during the reinstall.

Thank you for the advice. I did not know where the quality level should be, have never been able to get great levels here where we live. Any suggestions as to how to optimise the quality? Shall I try focus the lnb by moving it in or out, rotation? Could the dish direction be off? I was assuming with such high signal level that the direction should at least be on.

The average Signal Quality on Galaxy 19 with a Mercury II will be between 65 - 80. Optimizing the Signal Quality might be LNBF placement or rotation, dish aiming or warped/ bent dish.

Signal level only indicates that the receiver is connected to a powered LNBF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)