Glorystar Complaint

ohyan2912

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
This run away recording is just one of many problems with this system.
Others include: a. Play back says wrong file when selected and otherwise un-watchable. b. No Electronic Program Guide which their site has advertised is available. Guess what? NONE available!
b. At certain times of the year you have to reset the antenna that's a real bother! d. Playback such, as it is, and only when the rare file even decides to work, is very pour and if you stop the playback you're back the very beginning. Overall a mediocre system and extremely limited system. I would not recommend to anyone living in the states. I'm sure it fine in other parts of the world where technology is limited and expectations are low.

All they have on the web site is a link to this site for support! The website sells these things and that's ALL they do.

Wrong File notice

I go to play a file I just recorded or sometimes it's one I've already watched or it's one from several months ago that used to work, and I get a "wrong file" message. What's up with that?

ohyan2912 said:
All they have on the web site is a link to this site for support! The website sells these things and that's ALL they do.

Definitely not true.

How to contact: http://www.glorystar.tv/p/contact_can

Email, driving directions, toll free telephone number to call for technical support 866-597-0728 .

One of the few satellite equipment companies out there that have a telephone support team to provide assistance for customers who have purchased equipment over the past 10+ years.

What question do you have?

Last edited:
:welcome
Welcome to the SatelliteGuys forum. Hope that we can help you with any questions.

Sounds like an issue with the USB drive. Was it formatted to FAT32 before originally using?

If it was working before but not now, the drive's index file may have become corrupted.

If you use the recording function often, the drive may have become fragmented.

Try reformatting the drive on your PC or Mac.

Last edited:
a. Play back says wrong file when selected and otherwise un-watchable.
Please review the previous reply. Your USB drive likely may need formatting. Please let us know if that corrects the problem.

b. No Electronic Program Guide which their site has advertised is available. Guess what? NONE available!
We are sorry that you insist that the Glorystar site states that EPG is available. Please link to any text on the Glorystar website that might suggest that Glorystar channels have EPG available. We try to make it very clear that EPG is something that the receivers support and could be available at a future time. Unfortunately none of the broadcasters have chosen to provide EPG with their channel and we cannot force them to provide a service even to the benefit of their viewers. Most broadcasters continue to struggle with providing the basics during the economic downturn and are unable to commit to the additional staffing required to assemble the programming guide data. Please contact your favorite channels and ask them to transmit EPG. Maybe even consider sending a monthly donation that is earmarked for transmitting EPG. If they would, your receiver would display!

On a side note, we have developed the GEOSATpro receivers to process a proprietary EPG stream that we have tried to launch, but only six channels have provided the programming data. Since you do not pay a monthly subscription fee and the Glorystar service is free, absorbing the $1500 cost of transmitting EPG data is too great for our company with only six channels willing or able to participate.

b. At certain times of the year you have to reset the antenna that's a real bother!
The satellites are in a fixed (geostationary) position in the sky. A properly installed dish does not require re-aiming or movement. This is a problem with the installation of your dish if you have to continually readjust. If you have paid a technician to install your dish, you might consider having another satellite technician review and determine why the dish is moving out of position. Usually, we find that the post has not been properly anchored or has been tampered with.

d. Playback such, as it is, and only when the rare file even decides to work, is very pour and if you stop the playback you're back the very beginning.
Try reformatting the USB drive. Sounds like your drive index is corrupted or the data is fragmented.

You are correct. The DVR1100c starts playback at the beginning of the recording. This cannot be changed as it is a function that is hard coded in the chipset.

If you have any specific questions or need assistance, please contact our technical support team at 866-597-0728.

God Bless!

Last edited:
At certain times of the year you have to reset the antenna that's a real bother!
Usually when the dish needs re-aiming as the seasons change - I find that the dish has been mounted on a wood pole. When the wood gets wet - the pole twists one way, when it drys out - it twists back. If the dish is mounted to a steel pole or the house the problem goes away.
Bob
BTW :welcome we are here to help!

absorbing the $1500 cost of transmitting EPG data is too great for our company with only six channels willing or able to participate.

That's Crazy $$$$ 18k a year no thanks!

I would rate SatAV with an A+++ they really care.

Product information and online sales via the Glorystar website is available for your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Contact the Glorystar sales team or visit our store Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM to 4 PM PST at 866-597-0728 or 916-218-7882."

Where in the above line does it say you offer technical support? This is the first paragraph and having been raised by a father with a degree in English, I take it to mean if I need assistance with knowlege of the product or help in ordering I can find it here. Nothing indicates you provide technical support either in this paragraph or any other paragraph. quote "
Having problems with your order? Missing an item? Please contact our customer support team by phone Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm PT at 866-597-0728 or 916-218-7882. You can also e-mail your support-related questions to:

Product information and online sales via the Glorystar website is available for your convenience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Contact the Glorystar sales team or visit our store Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM to 4 PM PST at 866-597-0728 or 916-218-7882."

Where in the above line does it say you offer technical support? This is the first paragraph and having been raised by a father with a degree in English, I take it to mean if I need assistance with knowlege of the product or help in ordering I can find it here. Nothing indicates you provide technical support either in this paragraph or any other paragraph. quote "
Having problems with your order? Missing an item? Please contact our customer support team by phone Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm PT at 866-597-0728 or 916-218-7882. You can also e-mail your support-related questions to:

Your trying to nitpick the wrong company buddy. They are the best.

Sounds like you need to find a local installer to help you.

Having problems with your order? Missing an item? Please contact our customer support team by phone Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm PT at 866-597-0728 or 916-218-7882. You can also e-mail your support-related questions to: [/FONT][/COLOR]

I am sorry that you continue to be frustrated with your support experience. Did our answers help you? Did you try reformatting or defragmenting the USB drive? Have you called or emailed Glorystar with your questions?

If support provided to you in this forum did not resolve the issues, please contact Glorystar by telephone Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4 pm PT at 866-597-0728 or 916-218-7882 or email your questions to webmaster@glorystar.tv or support@glorystar.tv

Glorystar has both sales and technical support staff available during these business hours to assist with your questions and concerns.

Are you using a hard drive or USB flash /thumb drive? If a hard drive is the size over 250 MB. How many files are on the drive?

I am please to see that your father has a degree in English. And I can believe he does, since you did capitalize the word. However, .... .. If you want your problem solved be an English professional, talk to him. If you want your problem solved by an expert in GeoSat equipment, talk to SatelliteAV. My first degree was in Nuclear Physics, I could have solutions also. I do not believe any of those here to answer you questions have training in the paranormal. So if you answer the questions we ask,you should get the answers your questions.

So frustrating when someone posts asking for assistance, but then does not give the courtesy to follow-up...

Hope that we were able to solve the issues!

The easiest solution is sometimes not so obvious. Simply Google his user id. People tend to use the same one on other sites.

I would think a person posting in a forum such as this to usually be legit, but perhaps he's just a little confused and busy enough to not spend much time here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)