Glorystar/Direct Sharing Coax?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I am not too keen on multiple coax penetrations into my house. I am also considering Direct TV which I think uses look angles similar to Glorystar if so because of my trees the dishes would be in close proximity. So this brings me to my question, is it possible, using a satellite switch, to share the coax coming into the house? I am not familiar with these switches which is probably apparent!

short answer-no
longer answer-no due to both FTA (Glorystar) and DirecTV running the same batch of frequencies. Now if it was OTA or cable & DirecTV you could since OTA &/or cable uses frequencies much lower than Direct or Glorystar.

You would have to run two lines

Now if it was OTA or cable & DirecTV you could since OTA &/or cable uses frequencies much lower than Direct or Glorystar.

You would have to run two lines

And actually this is no now as well with the new 5 LNB dish since the new KA signals use the same frequency as OTA. OTA needs a dedicated cable now as well.

To elder: No need to have more then one hole in the house, run all the cables together. So run the 4 DirecTV cables and the 1 Glorystar cable and bring all 5 in thru the same hole. You're going to have 4 with DirecTV anyway, what's one more for Glorystar? ;)

If Direct requires four cables I'm not going there. Worse than the penetration is what to do with all those cables inside the family room and behind the TV. How many cables for just the family package or the basic 150 channels?

Just one per reciever unless its a dual tuner then 2 lines

my neighbor has 2 boxes (dual tuner and a single box) and he only has 3 lines coming in

I probably worded my question poorly, then we got into discussion regarding the number of cables, but I meant by the use of switches to share the coax not simultaneous transmission over same. Does this clarification alter the possibility?

There is a possible work around, but it would be getting the signal to several rooms once the cables were inside the house and to the receivers, and that is using multiple modulators on separate channels fed into one cable - and in house cable company. Whether this would do what you want or not is the question.
POP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts