GloryStar Ending?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scroll

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I got a PM from a SA IPTV supporter whom claimed GlroyStar is "scheduled to cease broadcasting the last quarter of '09."

Is there any truth to this? If so, what is needed to prevent it?

Since GloryStar is (1) a collection of independent religious broadcasters who happen to have FTA stations on 97W or 101W and (2) a retailer who sells satellite equipment that can pick up these and many other satellites, I think your source is biased and/or just plain wrong.

I got a PM from a SA IPTV supporter whom claimed GlroyStar is "scheduled to cease broadcasting the last quarter of '09."

Is there any truth to this? If so, what is needed to prevent it?

I don't even see how it would be possible. AFAIK, GloryStar is just the trade name for preconfigured FTA equipment to receive the assortment of independently operated Christian broadcasts available on FTA satellite.

I think quite the opposite is true - "GloryStar" is not paying for satellite space or uplink centers. They are enabling broadcasters to have a ready set of viewers, these are viewers that have paid the upfront costs of the equipment. An individual broadcaster may fail (through lack of offerings, for instance) it will in no way affect GloryStar.
Bob

To Quote Mark Twain, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

Glorystar will not be ceasing broadcasting or operations in 2009. In fact, we have recently launched Glorystar Asia in cooperation with Dream TV. The Glorystar ministry support service continues to expand and grow. Look for many new and exciting developments and partnerships in the upcoming months and years!

I wonder if the PM was from the same person that sent me a weird PM about SA IPTV. He/she seemed a bit illiterate and sounded as if he/she had a burr under the saddle that needed exorcised.

I wonder if the PM was from the same person that sent me a weird PM about SA IPTV. He/she seemed a bit illiterate and sounded as if he/she had a burr under the saddle that needed exorcised.

Must be a level I CSR or an order taker. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)