Glorystar Package- Is it worth it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

central1ny

Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
central ny
So I am considering purchasing the Glorystar 1 room package - dish, HD receiver, LNB. I read the review in the link below but generally speaking, is the system worth $199 or am I better off buying a different dish and receiver elsewhere? Overall, the price seems decent and I don't think I would save much by buying individual pieces elsewhere. Any opinions?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/310818-GEOSATpro-HDVR1200-Review

Get the Glorystar package it works better and is automatically updated by Glorystar when new channels are added.

My comments must be filtered through the fact I used to sell and install Glorystar. I have purchased and still use the products and especially the MicroHD satellite receiver. The dishes are very good; and their shipping packages are even better. When you buy the package it is a savings. The dealers may be priced slightly better, as the main supplier is not trying to compete with them. Their support is great and they have an "attitude" that comes through anyone you talk to on the phone; it is one of customer service.

Their software is great for it is written for the USA. I cant speak to the receiver you mentioned, as I don't have that one. I have other receivers and other Dishes as you will also someday, so starting with this one is a good start.

I used to install them as well, it was a very small portion of my business but I will say it was always a pleasure installing them. Usually when customers called me for an install and they already had their own hardware it was a collection of various ebay junk. The glorystar install's always had very nice equipment, a good quality lnb matched to a good quality dish. The receivers we're definitely geared towards a plug and play setup, they didnt offer alot of control over the nitty gritty little details, but this makes them extremely reliable and easy to use. I actually never once ever got a call back from a glorystar customer asking how todo something, where many of the cheap junk receivers I would get customers calling asking me how todo the simplest of things like scanning etc. Many receivers have an incredibly poor user interface. The glorystar ones are really simple to use and update automatically.

If your looking into FTA because the glorystar programming interests you there honestly is nothing on the market that I would recommend over just getting the glorystar package. Its quality hardware that will last you for many years to come.

UDL

In one word === YES!
But then I have never been known for one word responses! I have recommended the systems for FTA hobby use, also. I was told one system was not "designed for hobby use but it could be used." It was better than any cobbled system I ever saw = for hobby use. So in two words == "YES, YES" ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts