Glorystar set-up is SO MUCH EASIER

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I just returned from an 8000 mile three month road trip and set up the Glorystar package several times. It never took more that 10 minutes to set up and get both sats going! The only change I will make for the next trip, will be to take my surveyors tripod along with the Wingard post base to level and hold up the Dish. Trying it at home, now, and it looks like it will be stable to a least 20 MPH winds! Four one gallon milk jugs of water hold it steady.

That being said, I have seen several questions about whether or not a greenhorn can install the Glorystar system. I will say YES! If you choose to add a motor, I can not say that for sure, but the "fixed two sat" system, yes! The ONLY thing I will say to be ready for is for the 1/4" by 5/8" carriage bolts supplied are not the best quallity for the azimith clamp (rotational). I went to HomeDepot and got some hardened ones after breaking 2 sets of them. Now my dish does not swing in the wind, even at 65 MPH. (No, I do not have the dish out while I am driving - winds at the property are wild!)

I have since picked up two more dishes and receivers and they are no where near as easy to set up - even as fixed systems. Brian - Glorystar --- you did good. If you want to consider this as a review - OK - And a big thank you for an excellent product that you stand behind - or in front of!:)

Thanks, I think I will go for it. I was trying to decide if I should wait for the new DVR, but maybe I should just go for the basic as at this point I don't know if there is anything on it that I would want to record anyway.

As for installation the twin feed makes it a bit more complicated than SkyAngel, but I installed SA twice. First at 119 then 61.5 after E3 was launched. I had to move the dish to avoid trees.

The Dish systems may be easier since they are stronger birds, but that Mercury II receiver is great. I had spent 4 days with another receiver (Fortec FSIR-5400-NA) just trying to FIND G10R with NO success. I pulled the Merc out of the motor home, hooked it up to the other dish, had signal in 6 minutes and tuned it in another 5! I then went back to the 5400 and it power scanned it in with no problem... That Mercury II is awesome, elder. I think you will find the Glorystar Dual LNB system very satisfactory.
POP