Glorystar & Slingbox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
i am looking at getting a Glorystar system within the next month i already have directv and am keeping it but i am tired of waiting for a sat provider or my local cable company to add AJE. so i am getting this sytem and i do not want to put another sat dish on my house roof and i have another building on my property that according to the iphone app has L O S with no issues so what i am thinking about doing is putting it on my other building and i have a seperate line running down there and use moca eathernet to use a slingbox and send it up to the house i got a 200MB connection between the addaptors so speed should not be a issue so the main question is do Glorystar systems work with slingboxes after i get it al set up

i am using to much bandwidth watching AJE over the internet right now

Last edited:
i am looking at getting a Glorystar system within the next month i already have directv and am keeping it but i am tired of waiting for a sat provider or my local cable company to add AJE. so i am getting this sytem and i do not want to put another sat dish on my house roof and i have another building on my property that according to the iphone app has L O S with no issues so what i am thinking about doing is putting it on my other building and i have a seperate line running down there and use moca eathernet to use a slingbox and send it up to the house i got a 200MB connection between the addaptors so speed should not be a issue so the main question is do Glorystar systems work with slingboxes after i get it al set up

i am using to much bandwidth watching AJE over the internet right now
If I understand your proposed setup correctly, you will still be using your ISP to transport video from the Slingbox to the house. If so, you will still be eating up bandwidth with your provider.

Other options that may work, depending on your setup, is to run a long (amplified, perhaps) run from the Glorystar dish to a Glorystar receiver in your home. Or, run a direct ethernet line between the two buildings. There are cabling issues (burial, etc), and it may not work at your site.

Other options include using a wireless bridge with the slingbox so that all bandwidth is on your local network and not hosted by your ISP. Yet another option is to look into Powerline AV devices if both buildings are on the same power bus. Does the Slingbox have wifi? If so, can it be detected by your home network? That would allow you to do wireless directly to the house without any need for your ISP as transport.

None of these options are ideal, and I cannot guarantee they will work for you. Hopefully they are helpful in triggering some other ideas.

As far as the Slingbox goes, I cannot say for sure since I don't own one. It seems reasonable, but someone else will have to address that part of your question.

Cheers!
Red

We have provided the remote codes to Slingbox, but they have not provided the remote control function at this point.

Slingboxes accept all flavors of AV, so the audio and video outputs from the Glorystar system are compatible and AJE should work fine!

thank you for your answer your tech and sales support where no help on this ? i just ordered my system hope i see it by the end of next week thank you.

thank you for your answer your tech and sales support where no help on this ? i just ordered my system hope i see it by the end of next week thank you.

Sorry, thought that our CSR's answer was similar. The CSR had asked me about Sling compatibility when you were on the phone yesterday .... :D

Sorry, thought that our CSR's answer was similar. The CSR had asked me about Sling compatibility when you were on the phone yesterday .... :D

actually ur csr said that alot of people that get your service are baby boomers and dont know tech. well and something about not being in a hurry to give them the codes because of that so the answer was no.
i did not hear that sling had the codes just has not released them to the slingboxes till u sent that

If you have a newer Slingbox you can learn the Glorystar remote and control the receiver from remote. :)

Check out Remote Learning for details!

Thank You Scott I did not know about this I will give it a try once i get my receiver setup witch should be in a couple of weeks i need to have my roof replaced first for where it is going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)