GM XM Antenna question

Bo Borland

Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
I have a new Pontiac Torrent with the oem XM antenna on the roof. I am a Sirius subscriber and have an S50 with the car dock.
I want to use the existing GM antenna instead of the sirus magnetic...where does the antenna terminate?
I figure on using the xm/sirius adapter to make the connection.

I am pretty sure xm and sirius antennas spec out the same. It's the same rf band.
You will have to find the coaxial connection where it interfaces the gm tuner module.

See what connector is there and get an adaptor and make some type of extension cable out of an old sat radio antenna or something like that.

The digital Radio Receiver (module) on a "08" is located at the left rear side of the passenger compartment, under the left trim panel, attached to the left wheelhouse.
The factory connector might not be the same as the Sirius radio you have. There might be a conversion connector out there someplace. Also make sure you tell the repair shop of any aftermarket installed electronics if you have your vehicle serviced ;). I HATE when people add aftermarket stuff, disconnecting factory components that set codes and I spend 1-2 hours just to figure the problem is with the aftermarket item installed and I get paid ZERO :(.
Any other question just ask :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts