"Go to first new post" not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrp

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Iowa
The links next to topic titles for going to the first new post in a thread are now taking me to the first post of that thread. This started last night. G5 iMac running OS 10.5.8 and Safari 5.03.

Just an update on this...

The other day we updated to vBulletin 4.1 to vBulletin 4.1 PL 1 and then yesterday to vBulletin 4.0 PL2. The updates were needed, the move from vBulletin 4.1 to 4.1 PL (Patch Level) 1 was because there was a major bug which cause a high server load. Then PL2 was applied as PL1 broke a number of functations due to a typo in the code.

Unfortunately PL2 has broken the first new post feature.

In working with vBulletin it seems as though it also broke the functionality on their test server as well. So now I am waiting for vBulletin 4.1 PL3 to come out which will fix this issue. Hopefully we should have this fixed shortly.

Thank you for your patience!

Egads, you would think they would test a bit more. Go to first new post is a pretty major feature. It really makes it unpleasant to view threads without it, I hope they get it fixed fast. If there is a particular brower it works on please let us know. I use IE8 and it is broken.

Egads, you would think they would test a bit more. Go to first new post is a pretty major feature. It really makes it unpleasant to view threads without it, I hope they get it fixed fast. If there is a particular brower it works on please let us know. I use IE8 and it is broken.

As I reported in another thread, it's not working on my IE 7 either.

When they fix this one I think they have fixed all the issues we have had since the upgrade. :)

Everything else is humming along nicely now. :D

You sure about that Ramy? Do you use Firefox to access the forum from only one computer? (I use at least 4.) I usually use Firefox (variety of versions going way back to a W98 machine), and the View First Unread is broken for me for some threads, while it still works for others. Same with IE 6, 7, and 8. Maybe you just haven't hit one of the threads that does this.

Well playing around, firefox does work. But, it is not exactly working the way it should. If you click on a multipage thread it will go to the first page first entry, then it will load the correct page and jump to the right post. It really should not load the first page at all. I suspect that IE is just not doing the redirect to the correct page/post after loading the first page/post.

But, FF is 100% better than IE because it will get to the correct post after a quick double load. So, I will use FF on the site until the issue is resolved (and before the obvious question is asked, I have to use sites that only work with IE (they refuse to even load if the browser says it is not IE)).

And all of a sudden it's working again. I think Scott finally got the latest patch.

Edit: No, mike123abc is right as usual. It's doing a redirect on ff. Probably Scott's workaround.

It does exactly what Mike says, but it works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts