"Go to first new post" not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks.

I believe this is more of a how you read satguys issue than a particular browser. Those who are saying "no problem". please try the following:
1. Go to the forums main page.
2. From the top menu bar select "New Posts (Entire Site)"
3. Choose a post and select the blue double down arrow icon on the left.
4. Report what you see.

This is resulting in the strange url that has been mentioned and a blank screen. I see this every time on a Mac and XP machine, using IE8, Safari and Chrome.

Since this is how I read the site, this is a big deal to me.

it's a big deal for us as well. we want this fixed as bad as you do.

thank you for your feedback and for the steps necessary to recreate this problem. I'll pass them along to the programmer so that we get this problem fixed once and for all.

thank you for your patience and support!

Just an FYI. The way that jayn_j reads the forum is the same way I do. And I'm getting the same results as he does.

OK folks.

I believe this is more of a how you read satguys issue than a particular browser. Those who are saying "no problem". please try the following:
1. Go to the forums main page.
2. From the top menu bar select "New Posts (Entire Site)"
3. Choose a post and select the blue double down arrow icon on the left.
4. Report what you see.

This is resulting in the strange url that has been mentioned and a blank screen. I see this every time on a Mac and XP machine, using IE8, Safari and Chrome.

Since this is how I read the site, this is a big deal to me.

I agree with you and it is a big deal to me.:up

Whats weird about it; is if you just go the forums and pick one, then go down the list, and see the new post indicator for a thread, the first new post works, but not off the front page etc.:confused:

Since this a difficult problem, would it be possible to make a simpler change and put the "view first unread" back in the left margin and make it bigger? My new model is to go to the first post and then hit "view first unread" and I keep hitting the wrong button.

Since this a difficult problem, would it be possible to make a simpler change and put the "view first unread" back in the left margin and make it bigger? My new model is to go to the first post and then hit "view first unread" and I keep hitting the wrong button.

Except I find that all the single page threads don't have that option either.

Got an email that they are looking to fix this over the weekend. This is now their highest priority bug.

Keep your fingers crossed! :)

I am not getting the empty page anymore. So, I think it is fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)