"go to first unread message" anomaly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Sometimes when I click on the little bullet next to a thread title, it won't go to the last message, but somewhere further up the page instead. When it happens, it always seems to be in threads that have a lot of pictures. Is anyone else seeing this? (I'm using Chrome.)

Did you try clicking on the thread title? That goes to the first unread, too.

I usually click on the thread title but that happens to me too, sometimes. I figured it was because the computer I use on here is kinda slow, a Pentium 4 - 3.4 ghz, if I wait a bit it will jump down in the thread to where it should be. I'm using Firefox.

It doesn't happen a lot, just every now and then, I haven't noticed if it's in threads with a lot of pictures or not.

Did you try clicking on the thread title? That goes to the first unread, too.
That shouldn't make any difference at all. I read this thread and then A Raine posted in it, so I then had the 'first unread' option. The bullet point was pointing to here:

http://www.satelliteguys. us/xen/threads/go-to-first-unread-message-anomaly.339789/unread

And the thread title was pointing to here:

http://www.satelliteguys. us/xen/threads/go-to-first-unread-message-anomaly.339789/unread

Happens to me all the time,Vista/Palemoon(that's firefox without the attitude).Any thread with a lot of full size pictures and goto last read never works right.
Personally,and in general I would prefer to not have full size pics in the post,thumbnails are just fine.I can click on the thumb if I want to look at the pics.

Reactions: Frank Jr.
I have the opposite problem with FF. When I click on the first unread link, it goes to the first unread message but renders that message off the top of my browser window until the page is completely rendered. The initial landing space is at the top of the signature info, rather than at the top of the message itself. Annoying it is, because I don't like to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)