Status
Please reply by conversation.

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
What kind of dish can I use to pick up this channel?? It is on galaxy 23 and echostar 9. Thanks in advance.

I presume you were looking at the lists on Lyngsat? If so, that channel is on C-band so you would require at a minimum a 6 foot dish.

You presumed right, I see that it is a c band bird. I guess I was hoping to maybe use an old superdish??? Is there any dish possible other than a 6 footer?

If you do a search for mini-bud or 40" c-band, there are numerous threads on here discussing using a 1.2 M dish for C-band. Results vary depending on the location of the person and the amount of tweaking they have done. I've being playing around with a little c-band on my 36", but so far have only been able to bring in analog channels.

Like its often said on here though ..... never say it can't work until you try it :D

You'll need a 6 footer MINIMUM. That transponder is kinda weak so a mini bud won't work. I get it with the 6 footer pretty weak here in Minnesota

Thanks for your responses, I might check with dish or directv to see if they carry it on any of their programming, I kinda of doubt it though.

DirecTv does in their family pack

other religious stations
Daystar
BYU
EWTN
Gospel Music
TBN
World Harvest
TCT
NRB

Attachments

• Directv.JPG
    Directv.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 159
um, you can cancel G23 C-Band....just scanned that transponder and all it logs is
BabyFirst
Soundtrack Channel
"feed" which is a loop for the company who provides the uplink (RR Global)

no God TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.