GodTV on Galaxy23 help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickK@starband.net

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Has anyone been able to get God TV on Galaxy 23 transponder 9? It is shown on Lynsat.com and also ustm.com. I can get many of the other stations listed but not God TV.

Thank you in advance

Dang

THat was the thing that originally got me interested in FTA... I wonder where they went?

Thanks everyone. I have been tuning in via the internet but we have Starband and it is using up my bandwith!

It looks as though Direct TV is the only alternative for us here in NA. Rats.

I have emailed them but so far no response. I phoned the usa office but they did not have any technical people or phone numbers for any.

I wonder why it continues to show up on several lists?

I sent an email to Olympusat asking them what the cost was for their Faith package. Eric replied and explained their feeds are for commercial use only and this is what he said regarding GOD TV:

"At this time, GOD TV does not want me to authorize any non-commercial units for back yard dish owners, Sorry…."

I had an email back and forth with them about the possible plans to encrypt their signal last summer. I do not understand why they are trying to force folks to subscribe to Direct unless they are getting revenue from them for the programming. I explained to them that I will never subscribe to any provider where my subscription fee helps supports objectionable programming. It does not matter if I have the choice to not watch a specific channel or program, I am still helping to pay for it if I watch it or not. Just my stand and I am in no way suggesting anyone else should do the same.

It is interesting to me that the other major players are not concerned, TBN, DAYSTAR etc have feeds elsewhere that are still in the clear. As a matter of fact it appears that TBN, The Church Channel and a few others that are on Olympusat are still FTA...

Thanks everyone for your input. I guess I will just use the bandwith on starband for now and watch via the internet. Most of the programming I can get on one of the tbn channels but Godtv is airing the Lakeland Revival which we have been watching.

BTW, I can get the TBN channels on what used to be the Galaxy 5 satellite, but cannot get the TBN feeds shown on Olympusat. I can get about a dozen others including the Sportsman channel and several Chinese news feeds.

I sent an email to Olympusat asking about getting their "Faith and Family" package and was informed that they cater only to cable operators. They did forward my query to a guy at GOD TV and I have had an interesting back and forth with him. At one point he made this comment:

"At some point we will likely have a
FTA signal, the challenge is the cost of transponder space for a limited
audience."

In my last email I asked if the would consider just un-encrypting the signal. I'll let you know what he says. I am new to this but if I understand correctly, if they un-encrypt I can get it with a DCII capable receiver...

//robert

depends if they do it as open key or fixed key (I think those are the two terms...someone correct me please)

one means its free (free to air). The DMX audio on X4 (G16 KU) and AMC18 (105W C-Band) are free to air. no sub is needed
the other means its free but you have to subscribe to SOMETHING and its a "throw in" channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)