Going around in circles with Directv after 9 years of great service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
it was a local installer that showed up today. still no install.

It may have been a local installer, but he was working for Directv, not himself. Try calling a local company that does installs.

Sent an email to Michael D white at DTV today and explained the issue at hand.

Hello Mr White.
My name is (My Name) Account number (My account number )
I have been a loyal customer of Directv for over 9 years now.

Up until the past three weeks my service has been great.

My wife and i just bought our first home together and was in need to transfer our Directv service to our new home.

Let me just fill you in what has transpired over the past three week.
As of today 10-1-2011 i still have no service.
I had a tech come out to my house for the 3rd time and still no work was done. Work order numbers (3 work orders numbers)
We have a LOS issue with 119 sat.
I fully understand the issues with this and have no problems with missing a few channels from this sat.

I have requested many times to only instal the 3 lnb dish and the international dish.
But the service tech always brings out the 5 lnb dish and NO! international dish.

I have been on the phone with customer service countless times and have express this issue and the out come is always the same.
No one is on the same page and can not follow instruction.

I can not keep taking days off from my job only to hear the same song and dance and to have the tech cancel the work order over and over again.

It has gotten to the point that i can't even cancel my service because customer service always tell me they will make it right.

Now today I'm being told the next install date is three weeks out.
That will make it 6 weeks with no service.
As I'm writing this email i just received a call from a CSR and said they can move up the install date to this Thursday 10-6-2011

This is unexpectable only for the reason i have been without service to long.
I am very unhappy with the way i have been treated this pass three weeks seeing i have been with your company for 9 years now.

I know my better judgment tells me to cancel my service with Directv unless we can fix this issue today or tomorrow. 10-1-2011 to 10-2-2011

As you know time is money and we both have a business to run.
I too am a business man and have my own business to run.

If i ever found out my CSR treated my customers the way i have been treated these past three weeks they would have been fired lone ago.

Unless this gets resolved ASAP i will be forced to go else where and report this issue to the FCC and BBB.

Thank you for your time.

(Account numbers and work orders numbers have been edited out)

A few hour latter i get a reply from Mr White stating.

Dear Mr. (my name) I apologize for the unacceptable service you have received. We work hard to always get things right but have not met that standard in your case. Someone from my office will be in touch to try to address your issues. Thank you for choosing DirecTV. Mike White

Seams a little generic reply to me.
I guess we'll see if this gets resolved in a timely matter.

Mike

I still hope you get this resolved and glad you sent the letter to get a resolution; but can say from past dealings in business life that the threatening tone the letter took (in the last two sentences) in one's 1st letter seeking CEO help is a bit over the top. You really do catch more flies with honey.

Just as a side note.

The FCC has nothing to do with any of this and can't do anything; likely wont even take a real complaint.

The BBB has been a joke for well over 10 years and will take any complaint on anything to extort money from business to maintain a C+ or higher rating to tout to those users not in the know; most people know not to take them serious for any real substantive ratings material or help.

...and on another note, that reply is almost certainly an auto-reply or from a staffer that will be escalated accordingly. Good luck and let us know what happens.

I still hope you get this resolved and glad you sent the letter to get a resolution; but can say from past dealings in business life that the threatening tone the letter took (in the last two sentences) in one's 1st letter seeking CEO help is a bit over the top. You really do catch more flies with honey.

Just as a side note.

The FCC has nothing to do with any of this and can't do anything; likely wont even take a real complaint.

The BBB has been a joke for well over 10 years and will take any complaint on anything to extort money from business to maintain a C+ or higher rating to tout to those users not in the know; most people know not to take them serious for any real substantive ratings material or help.

This may be true about the BBB. As for the FCC i fully understand this. I'M pissed and my fingers type faster than my brain works some times.

Now on the business aspect of this issue. I was not joking about running my own business.
If I EVER! find out my CSR treat my customers the way i have been treated. They are fired and out the door.
This is unexpectable business relations between customer and the company.

Mike

I hear you, and trust me I do agree with how you run your business, just think (IMHO) that its a bit over-played on a 1st contact attempt is all.

I hear you, and trust me I do agree with how you run your business, just think (IMHO) that its a bit over-played on a 1st contact attempt is all.

Thanks for the support, And yes it was a bit over the top.
But from one president to the other the comment i made went right over his head.
At times i too receive this type of email on my desk.

These are the ones that need to be fixed in a promptly fashion.

As for you other post about an Auto reply? Yes i agree.
But i do know it will get forwarded to his desk come Monday morning.
Then again the reply was returned from.

Mike.White@DIRECTV.Com

Don't worry, I'll keep everyone updated about this issue.

On a side note:
It's ironic that this whole issue is just to watch TV?

UPDATE: Well folks to my surprise it get a call from Mr White him self.
We talked for about an hour and he expressed his concern for the way i have been treated these past weeks.

We went over my account details together and he him self found many mistakes in the work orders and the time frame this has accrued.
Mr White assured me this will be taken care ASAP.

He put me on a conference call with Colorado main install office that handles DTV installs for the country.
Everything got moved up to tomorrow with a senior install tech.

He also assured me that the tech will have all the correct equipment to finish the instal to my liking.

This is a list of what will be installed tomorrow.

36" Antenna Free 1 Free
TeluguDirect™ 1
International Dish Package Free 1 Free
Sales Order Credit ($19.95) 1 ($19.95)
$19.95
Free
$0.00
$0.00

And this also.

DIRECTV® 18x20 Triple LNB Satellite Dish Free 1 Free
Installation Included $49.00 1 $49.00
Dish Replacement Free 1 Free
Sales Order Credit ($49.00) 1 ($49.00)
Sales Order Credit ($19.95) 1 ($19.95)
$19.95
Free
$0.00
$0.00

Take note of the DIRECTV® 18x20 Triple LNB Satellite Dish.

From my understanding it receives these sats.

Access to DIRECTV HD programming with Triple LNB.Picks up satellite A, B, and C from the sky (101, 110, 119 degree satellites). More >
? Metal construction for maximum durability
? Multi-satellite dish antenna with a third LNB (up to 4 receivers)
? Proven quality in cold-weather applications
? 2 SAT-A (101°), 2 SAT-B (119°), 1 SAT-C (110°)
? Digital-quality picture and sound

I was under the impression that the 3lmb received 101.103.110.
As we all know i have a LOS issue with the 119.

Is this a typo or was i miss informed?

Mike

I'm thinking the 3 lnb he was referring to is the one that sees 99, 101, and 103.

I hate to be the one bringing bad news, but it looks like they have the wrong dish again. The Triple Sat 18x20 is the 101/110/119. It will not have the 99/103. Now this isn't to say they will not have the right materials.

First you need to understand that in most cases, DirecTV farms out their tech work to large HSP's, home service providers. They are not DirecTV, so to speak. So if the CSR screws up your order, its hard to blame the RSP. And vice versa, its hard to blame DirecTV if they got it right but the RSP screws it up. Both happen all the time.

So what you need is to find the direct contact number to the general manager of your local HSP if this gets screwed up again. When the tech arrives (and its wrong yet again), make him get his supervisor on the phone. Talk to him and get his number. Tell him you have corresponded to the Mr White about this issue. Make him give you his managers number. If he hassles you about not giving you the number or makes claims he is the "highest in charge", take his full name down and let him know you will be responding back to Mr. White. Try not to hassle the tech, he's just doing his job. Tell the manager to bring out the proper equipment immediately so they can get the job done.

1st, if the tech precalls (calls you before he comes out) make sure he has the right equipment. If he doesn't, have him come anyways to waste his time and for him to fully understand what you need. This is what you need:

The international dish that is listed on the work order you posted, the 36" international dish that points to 95.
Tell him you need the slimline dish for HD.
Tell him you need the NON SWM 3 LNB that ONLY points to 99/101/103. Reiterate to him that you will require the separate international dish that points to 95, so a SWM will NOT work. Additionally, tell him you have 110/119 LOS issues so the 5 LNB will NOT work.
Unfortunately the NON SWM 99/101/103 LNB is not a popular item, but it does exist. I use one on my system.

If he does indeed bringing the 18x20 triple sat dish that is listed, I would kindly write back to Mr White and explain to him AGAIN that his most competent employees screwed up yet again.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
If he has SWM capable receivers he will get SWM. They will use an LNB 3 into a SWM 8 with 4 lines in from the dish and 1 into flex port 1 for his 95 programming. As far as the 18X20 he's correct. It only picks up 101, 110, and 119 with no HD programming. Hopefully it all gets taken care of! Keep us posted

If he has SWM capable receivers he will get SWM. They will use an LNB 3 into a SWM 8 with 4 lines in from the dish and 1 into flex port 1 for his 95 programming. As far as the 18X20 he's correct. It only picks up 101, 110, and 119 with no HD programming. Hopefully it all gets taken care of! Keep us posted

HSP's do not carry SWM 8's ... unless that has changed.

So if all you guys were on the phone together discussing what was needed, how did this happen? Do have any new HD ordered or in your current package? If not, maybe that's why you got the old dish?

Seems from all the past discussions you need the DirecTV AU9-SL3 to get 99, 101, 103 slots AND DirecTV WorldDirect DTVP36EDS to get the 95 slot. I am not sure with the conference call with them and the known dish models needed how all this was missed?

Last edited:
So if all you guys If not, maybe that's why you got the old dish?

Seems from all the past discussions you need the DirecTV AU9-SL3 to get 99, 101, 103 slots AND DirecTV WorldDirect DTVP36EDS to get the 95 slot.

I have the HR21-700 receiver.
I'm on the phone with Mr White now.
I'll post the out come and a few minutes.

Mike

spaceghost said:
HSP's do not carry SWM 8's ... unless that has changed.

We carry SWM 8's and 16's. Only time the techs get them is when the work order calls for it to be put in

I have the HR21-700 receiver.
I'm on the phone with Mr White now.
I'll post the out come and a few minutes.

Mike

Ok, Here is what is being installed tomorrow.

DirecTV AU9-SL3 to get 99, 101, 103 slots AND DirecTV WorldDirect DTVP36EDS to get the 95 slot.

Time will tell and i will post the out come tomorrow if and when this works out.

that is the correct combination of dishes for what you need (HD & Int'l)

so hopefully they can get ya installed properly :)

Well folks, Here is the outcome.

unfricken believable!!! Not only did i have one tech show up today, I had two techs and one supervisor.

These guys did an unbelievable job!!!
Now wires visible and brought the correct equipment.

Everything works GREAT!!!

I would like to give many thanks to all that helped with this issue.

This site is priceless.

Thank you everyone.

Mike.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)