Going back to c-band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
I am subscribed to directv and pay $57 a month.
For some reason or another, If i dont have to move my dish, or lookup info on lyngsat, I dont feel like Im enjoying satellite tv.
I had a 4dtv but sold it on ebay for $250 and thats what the average is
SO
I want to go back to 4dtv, but I dont want to sink alot of money into it so here are my options, and I wanted to ask if they would work. I have a old analog receiver so I have a positioner.

1. They make a DSR-410 that is cheap, is there anyway to re-map it to go full blown?

2. Are ANY starchoice receivers remapable?

3. Anyway to make a Primestar receiver go DG-II?? Years ago there was talk about a dg-II sidecar for those, maybe I could take the DG-II decoder out of non functional 4dtv and solder it into a primestar?

I have a dish, motor, analog receiver witch can move the dish, etc. I am trying to find the cheapest way to go 4dtv. I dont want to spend over $75 for this

Give me some ideas

1. They make a DSR-410 that is cheap, is there anyway to re-map it to go full blown?
nope. The 410 only maps to W5 or AnikF1 (KU) for Starchoice maps

2. Are ANY starchoice receivers remapable?
nope. They are defaulted to Starchoice so even if you master rest them you can't get any other maps other than SC

3. Anyway to make a Primestar receiver go DG-II?? Years ago there was talk about a dg-II sidecar for those, maybe I could take the DG-II decoder out of non functional 4dtv and solder it into a primestar?
nope...they are DCI

I have a dish, motor, analog receiver witch can move the dish, etc. I am trying to find the cheapest way to go 4dtv. I dont want to spend over $75 for this

Give me some ideas

the only way to sub to 4DTV is with a legit 4DTV (920, 905 sidecar or 922) or stick to W5 (105W) and get a 410 from skyvision (C-band Satellite TV, 4DTV and Free To Air Satellite Entertainment)

i thnik i might do the w5 thing.
The only thing i dont like about the w5 package is that there is no cartoon network and i like adult swim
the only thing i dont like about cband is you have to wait for the motor to move

realize too that, at least for NPS, prices just went up. I convinced SWMBO to move back to the big dish because of the cost savings, but for the package I have, per month now NPS charges like $45. just a couple weeks ago, it was $40. When I asked, they said it was because they have added TNT and those couple other channels (except of course TBS and WGN)

the only thing i dont like about cband is you have to wait for the motor to move

Some of us old timers want our dishes to move. Take it from someone thats actuator has been down almost a week waiting for a replacement. I WANT MY DISH TO MOVE :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts