Going back to Direct. What HD DVR will I get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Z

zaxxon2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2004
After 10 years with Dish, I'm going back to Direct. 1 HD DVR and 1 Standard HD box. Any info or suggestions on what I am getting or what to watch for? Thanks!!!

JAG72

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
The only thing I would watch for is the Standard HD box. Just make sure they don't give you an older H20 receiver. This one does not have network connection and you will not be able to make use of MRV down the road. All of the other HD DVR's are pretty much the same except for the hard drive space that you get. Just remember that if you get any DVR except the HR20 it will not have an OTA tuner without the add on AM21 module.

am7crew

am7crew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
No I meant my best bet as to what they would give him was a HR22, I added another HD DVR to my account on Monday and a HR22 is what was shipped to me.

iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
you'll get whatever is available in the local warehouse. you can ask for a specific model but no guarantee you'll get it.

Z

zaxxon2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2004
Thanks!!! Good information. I appreciate it.

M

mileslong

Mar 16, 2010
united states
id ask the tech or whoever for a SWM system as well...

it only requires 1 line for your DVR, and if you ever want to upgrade any other receivers it makes it very simple and fast for the tech... also eliminates future drilling in current receiver locations if you ever upgrade to DVR from standard.

Z

zaxxon2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 13, 2004
SWM is what? Googled it. I get it. Disregard. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.