Going dish shopping...need opinions please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scupmando

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
My local c-band installer used to install primestar dishes back in the day, so I gave him a call. He said he has oval 39" p*star dishes(didn't know exact dimensions),some starband dishes of varying size and superdishes that I can pick through.
What is the best choice among all these types of dishes for fta,including possible c-band experimentation? Which would be the easiest to install on a sg2100? I'm familiar with the pvc set-up used by many here, so I'm thinking I need one with 2 3/8 pole mount?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Well, if you can find one of these with a 1 5/8" pole mount, it would fit right on the SG-2100 without any PVC modification. But I believe most of these dishes would be 2 3/8"...

All of these dishes are elliptical (wider than they are high)... I believe the Starbands are Channel Masters, as are the P* dishes. You want to avoid the Superdish since the LNBs are DishPro and use stacked frequencies. They'll work, but you'd have to edit your TP's to work with those LNBs.

If he has one, try to get a ROUND (not elliptical) Channel Master 1 meter or, even better, 1.2 meter. The 1.2 meter would be great for C-Band Mini-BUD experimentation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)