dragone

Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
The setup I have right now:

322 receiver
1 IR remote for main TV
1 UHF remote for upstairs TV
"Small Dish" and Superdish Installed.

-There are two white coaxial wires coming from the wall, however, a technician came over once and disconnected one of the wires and now the receiver is connected with just one wire with a "splitter". He said I didn't need two coax wires connected to the receiver. So, right now an extra wire just lays around.

What I want to do is remove the 322 and install the 522 (from ebay or if anyone has it here) to gain DVR functionality. Is there something I need to know before doing this? For example, will my bill go up or will I not be able to watch TV while recording, etc..

I do need to be able to watch and record on both TV's at anytime. I am not concerned about HD right now, just SD TV.

Thanks.

Your bill will go up $5.98. That's the DVR fee. As far as equipment, since you already have a dual tuner it's a matter of just connecting and run check switch.

You might want to call DISH and see how much tney will charge you to upgrade. You won't save anything on your monthly bill by buying from Ebay.

I thought they charged a lease fee if you leased it from them rather than buying it from ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts