Going from a 722K to a Hopper

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
Hello

I’m finally ready to make the move from a 722K to a Hopper.

I have some questions.
What’s the newest Hopper so I can make sure the installer isn’t giving me some old equipment? How to I tell what I’m getting?

Also, is there a thread or website on how to use this thing?

I’m not sure exactly what I’m getting into. This was a spur of the moment thing. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade during a chat to turn off a 311 I no longer need.

Thanks.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Go with a Hopper 3, no less. You can tell that it is a Hopper 3 by looking at the logo at the top left corner of the receiver.

hopper-dish.jpg

Also, is there a thread or website on how to use this thing?

Dish has a channel which has use and tips etc. I don't remember the channel number, but I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the channel it's on when first activated. It's a great box. Enjoy!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks.
It looks like I’m scheduled for a hopper with sling.
And they say the 3 is $150 more

does that sound right?

How long have you been with DISH? Since you have a 311 and 722K I am guessing around 10 plus years. Try calling the DISH Loyalty folks and see if you can get a better deal. (888) 496-1260.

How long have you been with DISH? Since you have a 311 and 722K I am guessing around 10 plus years. Try calling the DISH Loyalty folks and see if you can get a better deal. (888) 496-1260.

Thanks again for the tip.
It worked like you said.
I called and they waived the fee.
I've been a Customer since 1998.

Maybe you’re too analytic. Relax and it will come to you. :D

Just like my wife and daughter relaxed so much they quit using the H3 and J3's altogether? :( In fairness, my daughter didn't use her 612 that much. But my wife used our MBR 612 and 722 a great deal and now she's all streaming.

Just like my wife and daughter relaxed so much they quit using the H3 and J3's altogether? :( In fairness, my daughter didn't use her 612 that much. But my wife used our MBR 612 and 722 a great deal and now she's all streaming.
Are you using the 40 remotes? If not get some and use them. They allow you to use some buttons that you are familiar with to make you more comfortable. I use a Harmony that acts a lot like a 40 remote. I only pick up the 54 if I want to use voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts