Going from a 722K to a Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just like my wife and daughter relaxed so much they quit using the H3 and J3's altogether? :( In fairness, my daughter didn't use her 612 that much. But my wife used our MBR 612 and 722 a great deal and now she's all streaming.

To help with the visual theme on your new Hopper, we did add the option to change the theme of the menus between the new "Modern" look or to switch back to the familiar "Classic" look. To make this change on the receivers your will want to press the Home button twice and select Settings > Appearance >Theme. A drop down list with Modern and Classic will appear for you to select from.

You can also find videos about the different features and functions of your new Hopper here Request Rejected!

Reactions: TheKrell
To help with the visual theme on your new Hopper, we did add the option to change the theme of the menus between the new "Modern" look or to switch back to the familiar "Classic" look. To make this change on the receivers your will want to press the Home button twice and select Settings > Appearance >Theme. A drop down list with Modern and Classic will appear for you to select from.

You can also find videos about the different features and functions of your new Hopper here Request Rejected!
I don't think he is alluding to the theme. He hates all the extra button presses to get to the same place he used to easily get to on earlier models along with some not so easy steps to get there.

I don't think he is alluding to the theme. He hates all the extra button presses to get to the same place he used to easily get to on earlier models along with some not so easy steps to get there.

Yup. I'll have a look at "classic" anyhow. :)
Are you using the 40 remotes?

I do have one 40 on the H3, and an old 6.3 (obviously in IR mode) on a J3. I think it's the interface that puts them off the most. And the buggy Netflix app when it was first available. That literally quit working for awhile when my wife was using it in two places, so she switched to Roku TV's and FireTV sticks and never went back to the H3 or J3. :crying

The lnb will be changed to a hybrid type from your Dish Pro (Plus) lnb. Alternatively they can insert a DPH42 switch between your old Dish PRO (or pro plus ) lnb and the receiver, it does the same thing as the hybrid lnb.

Yup. I'll have a look at "classic" anyhow. :)

I do have one 40 on the H3, and an old 6.3 (obviously in IR mode) on a J3. I think it's the interface that puts them off the most. And the buggy Netflix app when it was first available. That literally quit working for awhile when my wife was using it in two places, so she switched to Roku TV's and FireTV sticks and never went back to the H3 or J3. :crying

Tell her Roku was just bought by Dish and they’re changing the interface.
:devilish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: david_jr and Bobby
I'm thinking of upgrading from the 722k as well. Will there be any changes in my monthly fee of the $7 DVR? I was using the 722k with 2 TVs (one SD and one HD) for a while, but I am only using it on one TV these days. Thus, I don't need anything past the Hopper 3 itself.

Do the 722k's have any value? Can I try to fight to keep it once I upgrade?!

I'm thinking of upgrading from the 722k as well. Will there be any changes in my monthly fee of the $7 DVR? I was using the 722k with 2 TVs (one SD and one HD) for a while, but I am only using it on one TV these days. Thus, I don't need anything past the Hopper 3 itself.

The Hopper3 and 722k can not be used on the same account. Also the DVR fee for a Hopper3 will increase to $15.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The extra $8 per month is worth it for an additional 14 tuners (you will have NO conflicts) It has better interface, 4K capability and many of us here think a better picture altogether as it is newer with more advanced chips.

The 722k is basically obsolete so no real value. The REMOTE, however, is worth keeping!

The agent on the phone told me that I was grandfathered in at the $7 DVR fee and that my fee wouldn't increase. Was this information incorrect?

Usually the grandfathered costs go away when they upgrade your equipment. If an agent told you differently I would make sure you had it in writing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would not classify a kindergarten picture book of tiles as a "better interface" than a sortable list.
I know, right?

netflix1.0.0.png

I know, right?

netflix1.0.0.png
Practically every video service and website that presents video titles has followed that dumbed-down tile interface and you're probably right, Netflix was one of the first to do it.

At least PlayOn still does it right, giving the option between tiles and lists.

Practically every video service and website that presents video titles has followed that dumbed-down tile interface and you're probably right, Netflix was one of the first to do it.

Would you rather there be a “dir” command list? MS-DOS style? Tiles may take more screen space but when you have hundreds of titles on a single EHD. Maybe 2 selections. Those with younger functional brains and one for old farts like me. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: HipKat

I think that dumbed down list is following the lead of smart phones....

I've been with Dish for nearly 20 years and they would not waive the fee to upgrade to the Hopper 3 and would not let me keep the $7 a month grandfathered DVR fee. Thanks for nothing Dish. I'll just stick with my 722K and the cheapest package available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)