Going from Dish to Xfinity and have self install questions

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
I am leaving Dish with the Hopper/Joey set up to save $ by bundling with Xfinity and the X1 setup on 3 tv's. Problem is I have one Comcast line coming into the house that is servicing my internet. So, it runs to the modem in my network panel. From there, the modem is connected to my Time Capsule for wifi. I also have several rooms wired ethernet. Anyhow, Dish ran a second line from the dish to the network panel where there is a multiswitch. I know I will have to disconnect the three tv rooms' coax cables from the multiswitch, but am unsure what to do with them. Having watched Xfinity's install video, it is clear they are assuming a cable signal is running down each coax to the room with a tv. How should I integrate these coax cables to the incoming Comcast line that runs to my modem? Can I add a 1 into 4 splitter before the modem and then have each of the 3 coax cables and the modem hooked to the splitter? Xfinity said the cable signal will share the line with the internet signal.

Thanks!
Quinn

For my setup the line coming into the house goes to a splitter. The modem, X1 and X1 clients all hook to the same splitter. It would not surprise me if that splitter has specific requirements. Why not let a Comcast installer bring you the proper equipment?

I am leaving Dish with the Hopper/Joey set up to save $ by bundling with Xfinity and the X1 setup on 3 tv's. Problem is I have one Comcast line coming into the house that is servicing my internet. So, it runs to the modem in my network panel. From there, the modem is connected to my Time Capsule for wifi. I also have several rooms wired ethernet. Anyhow, Dish ran a second line from the dish to the network panel where there is a multiswitch. I know I will have to disconnect the three tv rooms' coax cables from the multiswitch, but am unsure what to do with them. Having watched Xfinity's install video, it is clear they are assuming a cable signal is running down each coax to the room with a tv. How should I integrate these coax cables to the incoming Comcast line that runs to my modem? Can I add a 1 into 4 splitter before the modem and then have each of the 3 coax cables and the modem hooked to the splitter? Xfinity said the cable signal will share the line with the internet signal.

Thanks!
Quinn
I have the X1, internet, and a client box. Eventually, Comcast had to bring out a powered 4 way splitter because there wasn't enough signal for all 3. May not be the case for you but its definitely something to consider. 1 input, 4 powered outputs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts