Going from ViP722 to Hopper - Transfer Data from Internal/External Drive

MagnumVP

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2012
CA
I'm considering moving from our 2 ViP 722 receivers to a Hopper/Joey combination. We currently have a sling and an external 1TB HD. They raised our rates for our packages and because we currently pay for numerous DVR fees if we go to the Hopper/Joey it will drop it down to pre-raise prices.

Is there a method to move the data from the External to the Hopper or have the External work on the Hopper? We have all our shows for kids on the external and really don't want to have to record them again....if we can find them broadcasting.

According to Dish it isn't possible. :(
They did tell us that we can still use our Sling and External HD (but it will wipe the drive once we plug it in).

Last edited:
The ehd is set to the account. An ehd hooked to a 722 will work on a Hopper with no problem. So you candl anything from your 722's internal drive to an ehd and then watch it on your Hoper

According to Dish it isn't possible. :(
They did tell us that we can still use our Sling and External HD (but it will wipe the drive once we plug it in).

I apologize for the misinformation but this is incorrect. All HD DVR receivers active on the same account are compatible with the same EHDs.

I apologize for the misinformation but this is incorrect. All HD DVR receivers active on the same account are compatible with the same EHDs.
Good job, Mary. It seems in the last few weeks, a LOT of wrong info has been given by phone CSR's. Not sure what can be done about it, but you might want to kick it up to whomever.

The only exception is a hd that has been formatted for a 211 series of rexeivers. They cannot be used on a Hopper without beeing reformatted.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this on, but would I be able to transfer existing recordings on my 722 onto a Hopper?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)