Going to be in atlanta in june

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be sure to watch yourself, Atlanta and really allot of north Georgia has been dealing with a crime wave for the last few years and its not showing any sign of getting any better.

:rolleyes:

Actually in town violent crimes have dropped over the last 2 years to lows that were last seen in the 70's. Over the last 2 years the drop from 2006 to 2008 was 20 percent or more. There is no crime wave.

I imagine it is like any other city I have been in. Be aware of your surrounding, and stay out of places you should not be. Do that and you should be fine.

That said, the last time I was in atlanta I was with two of my friends just driving around. We were NOT paying attention to where we were at until we stopped at a red light in a part of town that I can only describe as a "ghetto". I had my window down, and heard someone yelling. I paid no attention at first, because why would he be yelling at us right? lol
Well I did eventually look over and this large shirtless guy was sprinting towards us with a gun sticking in his pants, yelling the whole way.
I let him get within 50 feet or so before I said to hell with the red light and drove off. Lesson learned.

Since then, I have lived in Memphis (a fairly dangerous city in itself), and visited Detroit, N.Orleans, Miami, Houston, ect. No problems.

Atlanta is no more dangerous than any city. My office is in midtown and I have clients all over the city. There are certain places you wouldn't want to be all alone late at night, but that being said I've walked from Buckhead to midtown alone late at night with no issues at all. Just act with some common sense and you'll be just fine.

That is my thinking also.

PM me if you think you will be around that weekend. We will buy you a beer if we can get a free moment:up

Figured I would revive this thread.

We are now in atlanta and having a blast. We went out to eat last night and have a few drinks. Very safe neighborhood, and convenient.

This morning we went to eat at the Flying Biscuit (? is that right?) but could not get parked, so we grabbed a cup of coffee and some muffins and came back to the apartment.

Just took a stroll of Piedmont Park. You guys that live here probably take it forgranted, but it is really nice. Got to take in the farmers market (bought some fresh peaches).

All in all, a good start. About to start getting our drink on in a bit and get ready for the game.

We are now in atlanta and having a blast. We went out to eat last night and have a few drinks. Very safe neighborhood, and convenient.

This morning we went to eat at the Flying Biscuit (? is that right?) but could not get parked, so we grabbed a cup of coffee and some muffins and came back to the apartment.

Just took a stroll of Piedmont Park. You guys that live here probably take it forgranted, but it is really nice. Got to take in the farmers market (bought some fresh peaches).

All in all, a good start. About to start getting our drink on in a bit and get ready for the game.

Have fun.

I live in Atlanta suburb, I am not sure what is there to look in Atlanta, it is just like any other city. Buckhead has some good restaurants and good night life.

Normally any one come visit Atlanta I take them to Fish Aquarium ,CNN center, coke world and underground Atlanta. If you have time and like to Drive Helen GA is a good place to spend day. Small city on one street, river tubing is fun.

Aay way, it is hot and humid so, enjoy the stay :)

I live in Atlanta suburb, I am not sure what is there to look in Atlanta, it is just like any other city. Buckhead has some good restaurants and good night life.

Normally any one come visit Atlanta I take them to Fish Aquarium ,CNN center, coke world and underground Atlanta. If you have time and like to Drive Helen GA is a good place to spend day. Small city on one street, river tubing is fun.

Aay way, it is hot and humid so, enjoy the stay :)

Lol, the difference is, although I have lived in some large cities, we now live in the woods. FAR, FAR from any cities of any size. So it is a nice change of pace (for a little while).

Yeah, it is hot, but actually, cooler right now than what it was in mississippi last week.

enjoy it twin brother! have fun........

We have had a GREAT trip! The game was amazing (GO RED SOX!). We did Six Flags and Stone Mountain today... Don't do both in one day.. your feet will never forgive you! All in all, a great trip though!:D
i'm very happy to hear that guys. i've been wanting to make a trip to atlanta for quite awhile. hopefully soon.

i'm very happy to hear that guys. i've been wanting to make a trip to atlanta for quite awhile. hopefully soon.

Well it was a blast.

Did get a slight case of heat exhaustion however. These past few weeks, I have been outside in 100 degree heat, probably have not been drinking as much liquid as I needed. We got to six flags and got caught on our first coaster in those tight harnesses for 10 minutes are so (and it was already hot). The drinkin the night before problably did not help much.....but it was fun:D
After it finally started, we walked around for a bit and were going to ride another one when I decided I needed some water. It felt COLD in my hand, but tasted luke warm. I started getting slightly dizzy, and got a slight case of tunnel vision.
Needless to say, my riding was over. So we left, and I got some AC in the truck.

After a bit I was better and we went to stone mountain, tons of fun.

All in all, we had a GREAT time.

Well it was a blast.

Did get a slight case of heat exhaustion however. These past few weeks, I have been outside in 100 degree heat, probably have not been drinking as much liquid as I needed. We got to six flags and got caught on our first coaster in those tight harnesses for 10 minutes are so (and it was already hot). The drinkin the night before problably did not help much.....but it was fun:D
After it finally started, we walked around for a bit and were going to ride another one when I decided I needed some water. It felt COLD in my hand, but tasted luke warm. I started getting slightly dizzy, and got a slight case of tunnel vision.
Needless to say, my riding was over. So we left, and I got some AC in the truck.

:up:up

Well it was a blast.

I thought you Mississippi boys could handle the heat!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts