Going to work for Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep i look at it the same way, I did a CM call where the fix was literally repeak 18x20. I rebuilt the install for the hell of it, but yea... It was just out of allignment... crazy that a call like that ends up in CM.

Yep i look at it the same way, I did a CM call where the fix was literally repeak 18x20. I rebuilt the install for the hell of it, but yea... It was just out of allignment... crazy that a call like that ends up in CM.

Seems to be happening more and more. I get CM's for low battery's in a remote

No it doesn't! I hate calling you guys, it just seems like a huge pina, we fixed the problem cause nobody wants a tier 3! Having to call in just seems more time consuming than it needs to be. My favorite CM's is when we drop ship a box to a customer when it was something else. Happens about 90% of the time :D

Btw, the free service is awesome! I tell myself at times that I'm getting $150 more a month in my pocket not paying for tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Well... The puter decides when the customer is eligible for a CM escalation.. and unfortunately, a lot of CSR's decide to check for that first.. as soon as they see it, they escalate rather than try and fix the problem.. it frustrates the Case Managers too.
I used to be in Case.. I have a health issue, so am back on the regular tech floor now (part time).
In my defense, I didn't get to tier 3 very often.. I could usually figure out what was wrong and between talking to customers, asking them to write things down and leaving notes for techs, I could get things fixed before it ever got there.
On a side note.. A lot of the tech knowledge came from this forum.. the training I got was.. well... lets just say I learned a lot from you guys, and it was much appreciated!

Oh.. to Tater.. The free TV stuff is the Protection Plan.. Case Management is a different department..Case just fixes (usually) ongoing direcTV problems.

I left directv a owned and operated call center after 6 years.
Convergence and other companies outside of owned an oped are a lot harder on people.

Things got so bad its not about fixing the issue anymore.
You must follow script. If you miss a step (and it has to be done in order on as the screen shows it ) it becomes a failure to troubleshoot which ends in a red flag for QA. 2 red flags in a 6 month time will get you in to a mangers office for a termination review. You are graded on how many calls you take, how many transfers you have to do. IF a customer calls back in for a unrelated item from the last call it hits you and anyone else in a 14day time as a repeat call. Failure to stay within goal will result in for fitting any bonus for the month. Hitting your numbers which if it is repeated will result in a warning with your RL, if again it is a written, then a talk talk with manager again.

As far as case management. Ii is not what it used to be and it is far from it. I worked it from its concept till i left. Yes we had to trouble shoot at the onset of every call, even if the prior csr did it with you. IF we dont troubleshoot it will lead to a red flag.

I did have some fun times there, but it started going to sh*t because upper management (corporate) wants one thing when the people working on the phone says it will not work. And we have proven track records ( lest in case) what works and what does not. It came to the point to where in case we hired once a year once we had it staffed. Prior to me leaving they could not keep it staffed and were on a constant hire monthly.

My advise, try it (everyone sees things differently) but just follow script, do not deviate and have them try something that is not in script (again will hurt your qa). There are scripts that can make the call lost over an hour ( and you are getting yelled at due to you are on the call for a long time). Just follow them can turn it into a better way to say it but need to make sure each sentence is said.

I hang up on people using scripts. If I wanted scripts I could just read a owners manual. If I call it's because I need someone to use some intelligence to come up with a intelligent answer.

I hang up on people using scripts. If I wanted scripts I could just read a owners manual. If I call it's because I need someone to use some intelligence to come up with a intelligent answer.

That's gonna be the hard part if I have to stick to a script. I'm not dumb when it comes to this stuff and really hope I can use my own ideas!

That's gonna be the hard part if I have to stick to a script. I'm not dumb when it comes to this stuff and really hope I can use my own ideas!

There is lots to learn. What works there, won't work here and so on. This is prolly the craziest job I've had. It's always something that's a curveball

Congrats on the job! I used to work tech support for a few major PC and software manufacturers back in the day.... and the general consensus is right -- over the phone, people will treat you like dirt. 99.8% of them don't have the stones to say to someone in person, what they would say to them on the phone. I call it the "Telephone Tough-Guy Syndrome". It is sage advice to let it roll off your back, but at the same time I'd advise you to hold your ground when you know you're in the right about something.

A majority of the time my favorite line for hostile customers was: "Sir/Ma'am, I work in an abuse free environment. The telephone is part of my environment. I am going to ask you only once to keep this conversation completely professional. I am more than willing to help you resolve your technical issues as quickly as possible, but I will not tolerate being abused. I have a job to do, and if you continue with your tone/attitude/conduct -- I will simply restart the trouble-shooting process and make this call last HOURS."

Generally, they quiet down -- because they simply want it fixed and to carry on with whatever trivial things they have going on in their lives.
I've been Q/C'd multiple times with that conversation topic -- and management and QC have all given me the silent nod and thumbs up, for being able to wrangle in a wild customer.
"They got the point man, you don't take crap over the phone... you own them."

I'm the nicest guy in the world, and I treat you with respect -- I expect it in return. :D

That will be a challenge as directv is very script oriented. If your not in case and you go outside of script it can hurt your QA. Even if it gets the customers issue fixed. Even case can not go outside script until the entire script has been done and in order.

I left directv a owned and operated call center after 6 years.
Convergence and other companies outside of owned an oped are a lot harder on people.

Things got so bad its not about fixing the issue anymore.
You must follow script. If you miss a step (and it has to be done in order on as the screen shows it ) it becomes a failure to troubleshoot which ends in a red flag for QA. 2 red flags in a 6 month time will get you in to a mangers office for a termination review. You are graded on how many calls you take, how many transfers you have to do. IF a customer calls back in for a unrelated item from the last call it hits you and anyone else in a 14day time as a repeat call. Failure to stay within goal will result in for fitting any bonus for the month. Hitting your numbers which if it is repeated will result in a warning with your RL, if again it is a written, then a talk talk with manager again.

As far as case management. Ii is not what it used to be and it is far from it. I worked it from its concept till i left. Yes we had to trouble shoot at the onset of every call, even if the prior csr did it with you. IF we dont troubleshoot it will lead to a red flag.

I did have some fun times there, but it started going to sh*t because upper management (corporate) wants one thing when the people working on the phone says it will not work. And we have proven track records ( lest in case) what works and what does not. It came to the point to where in case we hired once a year once we had it staffed. Prior to me leaving they could not keep it staffed and were on a constant hire monthly.

My advise, try it (everyone sees things differently) but just follow script, do not deviate and have them try something that is not in script (again will hurt your qa). There are scripts that can make the call lost over an hour ( and you are getting yelled at due to you are on the call for a long time). Just follow them can turn it into a better way to say it but need to make sure each sentence is said.

Those who set up call centers obviously have no clue how to deal with the public nor do they have any conception of how to deal with customers.

On the top of the script page there should be a reminder message. It says "Make sure you have left your brains outside the front door of the building. You are not paid to think. You are paid to work".

Congrats on the job! I used to work tech support for a few major PC and software manufacturers back in the day.... and the general consensus is right -- over the phone, people will treat you like dirt. 99.8% of them don't have the stones to say to someone in person, what they would say to them on the phone. I call it the "Telephone Tough-Guy Syndrome". It is sage advice to let it roll off your back, but at the same time I'd advise you to hold your ground when you know you're in the right about something.

A majority of the time my favorite line for hostile customers was: "Sir/Ma'am, I work in an abuse free environment. The telephone is part of my environment. I am going to ask you only once to keep this conversation completely professional. I am more than willing to help you resolve your technical issues as quickly as possible, but I will not tolerate being abused. I have a job to do, and if you continue with your tone/attitude/conduct -- I will simply restart the trouble-shooting process and make this call last HOURS."

Generally, they quiet down -- because they simply want it fixed and to carry on with whatever trivial things they have going on in their lives.
I've been Q/C'd multiple times with that conversation topic -- and management and QC have all given me the silent nod and thumbs up, for being able to wrangle in a wild customer.
"They got the point man, you don't take crap over the phone... you own them."

I'm the nicest guy in the world, and I treat you with respect -- I expect it in return. :D

I will stop you dead in your tracks....
Here's how....If a call center person tells me " I can't" or "There's nothing that can be done" or "you'll just have to deal with it"....The gloves are off. When a CSR shows that kind of disrespect or unwillingness to start the process of solving the issue for which I called, they are going to have an unpleasant time on the phone with me.
The whole thing is based on that contract. The contract to which I refer is, the company sends me a bill for services rendered. I pay the bill for the service. When the service does not work properly, I call in order to have that rectified. Pretty simple sh....I mean 'stuff'..

I will stop you dead in your tracks....
Here's how....If a call center person tells me " I can't" or "There's nothing that can be done" or "you'll just have to deal with it"....The gloves are off. When a CSR shows that kind of disrespect or unwillingness to start the process of solving the issue for which I called, they are going to have an unpleasant time on the phone with me.
The whole thing is based on that contract. The contract to which I refer is, the company sends me a bill for services rendered. I pay the bill for the service. When the service does not work properly, I call in order to have that rectified. Pretty simple sh....I mean 'stuff'..

And this is why those of us that face the customer have to deal with pissed off customers frequently ...
The phone people will tell them anything and leave us in the field to fix it.

I had a sub the other day that I had no more than got there discussed the situation, went around the house to see the NI, came back headed to the truck and the sub asked if I was done and had her fixed ....
I said, No, I just got here 5 minutes ago and went on my way .... she was REALLY thinking that I had it fixed in the short time I was there.

What's wrong with coming up with your own idea of problem solving issues? Instead of just sticking to script, Isn't that the whole idea of a solution, I can understand if any of your own ideas didn't work then follow the script, then if that doesn't work then Case Management.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)