Going to work for Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patrick Smith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2013
Valdosta, GA
I have just been hired at Convergys a Directv call center! Start August 12th! Maybe I'll get some of y'all's calls!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We need a code word... so you know it's a satguys member calling...

Congrats on new job... hope they don't mind your signature.

you're in for a world of hurt man!

When someone's cell phone has no signal, they tend to wait to get reception but when they have no TV signal, its a national emergency.
My advice... its water off a duck's back. For all you know, its that short guy from Fantasy Island yelling at you from the other end of the line.

Cheers, K

Im very happy for you. Kraven is 100% correct. I worked for TWC and people treat you like dirt. You just have to ignore them and go on. Nice thing for you its over the phone and not face to face like I delt with.

HOpefully you get some sweet perks like Free DTV. BTW, no need for a secret "code word", just share with us your work email! :D

you're in for a world of hurt man!

When someone's cell phone has no signal, they tend to wait to get reception but when they have no TV signal, its a national emergency.
My advice... its water off a duck's back. For all you know, its that short guy from Fantasy Island yelling at you from the other end of the line.

Cheers, K

Its pretty hard to call and bitch when you don't have a phone that works, especially when your only phone is the one that is not working.

Its just like the triple play from the cable company. When your cable goes out, your screwed. You can't watch TV, you can't make a phone call to complain your cable is out, and you can't go to the cable companies website and get help online.

Its pretty hard to call and bitch when you don't have a phone that works, especially when your only phone is the one that is not working.

Its just like the triple play from the cable company. When your cable goes out, your screwed. You can't watch TV, you can't make a phone call to complain your cable is out, and you can't go to the cable companies website and get help online.

Yet, while your waiting for someone to finally answer the phone, they make mention to go to the company web site for answers to your problems !

Use to walk down to the Pay Phone on the corner, but they are no longer there ...

Back in college I had a small payphone business. The back garage is stuffed with payphone stuff. Want one jimbo? (Yard Art they have lights too :)

I would agree I worked for Bellsouth 10+ years ago doing DSL tech support people are rude. If i got a rude person i would just put them on hold and transfer them back in the queue so they could wait another 40 minutes. :) I'm a nice guy...
?

I can see Tater now, "Oh am sorry you dont have signing during this thunder storm. Oh by the way, I see you dont have HBO in your package.. why not?"

Good luck mate!

Cheers, K

I can see Tater now, "Oh am sorry you dont have signing during this thunder storm. Oh by the way, I see you dont have HBO in your package.. why not?"

Good luck mate!

Cheers, K

Sounds just like something I would do! I just couldn't pass the job up. As you all know jobs are few and far between! I'm working part time retail but this is full time and full Benefits and free DTV after my first 30 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

My best advice: Dont take anything they say personally. Remember, they dont know you, you've never met them, and probably never will.. When they yell and curse and call you names (and they will) they are not screaming at YOU, they are screaming at DirecTV.. DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY. When you see the other CSR's crying and sobbing, just shake your head and tell yourself "They took it personal".

Oh.. one more thing... Case Management ROCKS!!

No it doesn't! I hate calling you guys, it just seems like a huge pina, we fixed the problem cause nobody wants a tier 3! Having to call in just seems more time consuming than it needs to be. My favorite CM's is when we drop ship a box to a customer when it was something else. Happens about 90% of the time :D

Btw, the free service is awesome! I tell myself at times that I'm getting $150 more a month in my pocket not paying for tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts