Going to work for Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those who set up call centers obviously have no clue how to deal with the public nor do they have any conception of how to deal with customers.

Some are set up for speed and others because the issue is fixed via inputs from the remote and does not require the need for a svc to do the same thing. Unfortunately the game is to get off the phone to get to the next person in line. This is a Industry wide practice. It cost money to keep someone on the line and the scripts are mostly now built around that. IF script fails to fix it will tell you to set up a service call, or replacement box. The trend is make the customer feel good and loved and to remind them why they picked directv. Then it goes to script so that way if it fails your not as upset at the pending outcome.

I hate to say it but when i started we were winning awards from JDPower, but after some people who get paid to think with out seeing what is going on, and only going by numbers on paper that can easily be manipulated. After a while we stopped getting those awards then had to pride our selfs for being in the top 3 with acsi, a freaking kick in the balls is what it was.

I don't understand why money is wasted on paying humans to read scripts, you can pay a computer (like Apple's Siri or IBM's Watson) a lot less money to do this.

Humans should be paid to think (or do labor robots can't be made to do yet if they're not bright enough to think).

I'll never forget the time I called Charter to report that the line to my house had been cut by a malicious neighbor. They told me to reboot my modem, I was like "are you fu***** retarded?!, the modem has nothing to do with the line to my house being cut, I need someone to COME OUT HERE and fix it."

Last edited:
I hang up on people using scripts. If I wanted scripts I could just read a owners manual. If I call it's because I need someone to use some intelligence to come up with a intelligent answer.

Understandable...ironically though by calling back you might possibly cost someone their jobs by busting their FCR (first call resolution).

What's wrong with coming up with your own idea of problem solving issues? Instead of just sticking to script, Isn't that the whole idea of a solution, I can understand if any of your own ideas didn't work then follow the script, then if that doesn't work then Case Management.

The script leads to a sales attempt in the end.

I don't understand why money is wasted on paying humans to read scripts, you can pay a computer (like Apple's Siri or IBM's Watson) a lot less money to do this.

Humans should be paid to think (or do labor robots can't be made to do yet if they're not bright enough to think).

I'll never forget the time I called Charter to report that the line to my house had been cut by a malicious neighbor. They told me to reboot my modem, I was like "are you fu***** retarded?!, the modem has nothing to do with the line to my house being cut, I need someone to COME OUT HERE and fix it."

That reminds me of when my Internet was down, while waiting to be helped, the automated bs while your on hold tells you to "Check on thier website for solution ".

What's wrong with coming up with your own idea of problem solving issues? Instead of just sticking to script, Isn't that the whole idea of a solution, I can understand if any of your own ideas didn't work then follow the script, then if that doesn't work then Case Management.

Those scripts are based on a flow chart with the easiest/most likely problem at the beginning, working it's way along. It does seem foolish to those of us that have already checked the power cord, circuit breaker, etc, but in the overall scheme of things, it's the most efficient way to problem solve.

That reminds me of when my Internet was down, while waiting to be helped, the automated bs while your on hold tells you to "Check on thier website for solution ".

Not trying to defend the morons but maybe they mean check it on your phone? lol.

And this is why those of us that face the customer have to deal with pissed off customers frequently ...
The phone people will tell them anything and leave us in the field to fix it.

I had a sub the other day that I had no more than got there discussed the situation, went around the house to see the NI, came back headed to the truck and the sub asked if I was done and had her fixed ....
I said, No, I just got here 5 minutes ago and went on my way .... she was REALLY thinking that I had it fixed in the short time I was there.

One of the reasons why I can be hard on customer service people is that not only have been is customer service type occupations for over 25 years, I am also a former D* and E* tech. 12 years.
Whenever possible I provided A-1 service because I knew what it was like to get crappy service and put up with a lot of the runaround. I did everything in my power to give the best customer service experience possible.

Who knows. My guess is management believes if the CSR deviates from the script and an error occurs, the company may have to give something away free of charge.

Understandable...ironically though by calling back you might possibly cost someone their jobs by busting their FCR (first call resolution).

Somehow I do not view this as the customer's problem.
As a tech I did this all the time. If I got a rookie on the phone I would hang up and call back in to get someone else.
I do it as a customer as well.
The minutiae of company policy and work rules does not interest me. I just want my problem resolved by any means necessary.
When I pay my monthly bill, that is the same as "I gave at the office"....

So I found out today I can't get a genie unless I pay retail for it. Very upset about that lol. Looks like I'm gonna keep my hopper and just have DTV in the den.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

They will but then I have to remember what's set to record where. I could go the route but I think in just gonna keep my hopper for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Gotcha, I use my iPad to set everything up so I have a good idea what's where :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)