Golf Network now available in AT200

toddna

Original poster
Mar 10, 2008
The golf network is currently under a free preview for all customers and will drop from AT250 to AT200 effective September 1st.

but what about versus?

So we wont get the hd channel though without both it would seem :(

well that's grand

im surprised comcast doesn't just launch another channel so they each have their own, seems silly that they share when all these other crap networks have launched an hd channel

That's great but sucks that we won't get the HD channel. Didn't I hear something a while back about Golf and Versus splitting to have two separate HD channels?

Interesting that Dish dropped it to AT200. I wonder if it has anything to do with viewership being down with Tiger out of the picture?

Wonder if it goes back up to 250 when Tiger comes back next season.

Comcast is creating two separate HDTV networks for The Golf Channel and Versus, as well as launching a standalone HDTV service for E! Entertainment Television in December, officials said Wednesday. (source: Multichannel News)
The most recent channel that dropped from 200 to 150 was Lifetime and about a month later e* launched the HD equiv. I wonder if this is a sign that we'll be seeing the three of these in December?

My thought as well (although the drop was AT250 to AT200, AT150 is an old pack). Dish isn't going to drop somthing in a lower pack for no reason, as it costs them more money. Seperate Golf/Versus, E! and Style are good possiblities (although it sees a bit early for a December launch). As Comcast is also part owner of MOJO, perhaps this is a posibility, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)