Golf, Tennis, Nascar channels "compliments of DTV"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tspenard

Aug 10, 2010
USA
Hi,

I can't seem to search this topic effectively, though certainly it has come up.

Does anyone have additional info, a link, or personal experience with the extra channels DTV opens up during a golf or tennis major championship, or the new Nascar Pass channels on Sundays? The DTV site only explains the basics.

Specifically, is there a minimum tier (package) required to get these channels when they are offered? Any word on how long this might go on before it will become a premium option? Any speculation?

Thanks!

I have the Choice + package and when major golf tournaments are on they are open for me. You tune to channel 701 to get the mix channels and that shows the additional channels (702-705). The US Open Tennis also did this. The next one for golf is the PGA Championship starting 7/12.
See this thread about last years coverage. PGA on Ch 701-705 From 8/13->8/16 - DBSTalk.Com

Another reason for my switch. The mxd channels for big sporting events. PGA Championship this weekend and U.S. Open tennis later this month......and in hd.:)

I wheel another HD set around so I can watch Hot Pass on it while I watch the race on the big set. I'm not too impressed with it. However I did see Ambrose make a pass for the lead while ESPN was in commercial. I also saw different commercials on Hot Pass instead of the ones showing on ESPN.

Hi,

I can't seem to search this topic effectively, though certainly it has come up.

Does anyone have additional info, a link, or personal experience with the extra channels DTV opens up during a golf or tennis major championship, or the new Nascar Pass channels on Sundays? The DTV site only explains the basics.

Specifically, is there a minimum tier (package) required to get these channels when they are offered? Any word on how long this might go on before it will become a premium option? Any speculation?

Thanks!

I think those channels are available with any package. I know Choice they are in
795-798 are the NASCAR channels
701-705 thorugh 708 (depends on the sport) are the tennis/golf ones. I'm not much of a tennis fan but seeing Wimbledon on those rocked! No cutaways to commercials or having the network move around. I could watch the whole match on one channel (and in alot of cases no ESPN talk heads on it...it was an international feed)

I think those channels are available with any package. I know Choice they are in
701-705 thorugh 708 (depends on the sport) are the tennis/golf ones. I'm not much of a tennis fan but seeing Wimbledon on those rocked! No cutaways to commercials or having the network move around. I could watch the whole match on one channel (and in alot of cases no ESPN talk heads on it...it was an international feed)

Thanks for the info. I was curious since some print and phone info is made intentionally hard to come by. I simply don't trust the terms complimentary or free on their own.

The extra channels are incredible, especially to see rounds the regular network channel won't cover. No interuptions during the first week (as in tennis) is certainly a bonus as well. This stuff is so good I can see them ramping up it's poularity to sell it as a package. Frankly, I can't believe that anything Nascar is free, given the monumental $$ suport of that spectacle. Not to say I'd pay for expanded majors coverage, but having it included with any package is one reason I'm weighing DTV over Dish.

Thanks everybody for weighing in.

i got them even with the family package that i breifly had last year.

Thanks for the info. I was curious since some print and phone info is made intentionally hard to come by. I simply don't trust the terms complimentary or free on their own.

The extra channels are incredible, especially to see rounds the regular network channel won't cover. No interuptions during the first week (as in tennis) is certainly a bonus as well. This stuff is so good I can see them ramping up it's poularity to sell it as a package. Frankly, I can't believe that anything Nascar is free, given the monumental $$ suport of that spectacle. Not to say I'd pay for expanded majors coverage, but having it included with any package is one reason I'm weighing DTV over Dish.

Thanks everybody for weighing in.
All of the streams for the videos are available online, so I don't expect D* to be charging any time soon(although HD quality is MUCH better of course). It is very nice to have, especially the Tennis channels since you can watch all the matches that are being played at that time (although the golf ones are nice for The Open Championship since you don't have to put up with ESPN's crappy coverage and can watch BBC's coverage instead)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts